Game screen is off center.

Ian9802

Pretty well it in the title, I just installed New Vegas, the first time I loaded it up no problem, then it crashed and the next time I brought it up the screen is hanging off the side of my monitor.

I've tried reloading it over and over, took off all of my mods, put my settings back to default and I still can't get it to load up correctly.

Has anyone else ever gotten this problem or does any have the solution to it?

Pretty well it in the title, I just installed New Vegas, the first time I loaded it up no problem, then it crashed and the next time I brought it up the screen is hanging off the side of my monitor.

I've tried reloading it over and over, took off all of my mods, put my settings back to default and I still can't get it to load up correctly.

Has anyone else ever gotten this problem or does any have the solution to it?

Is the display not centered properly (guessing that's what you're describing)?

Fresh install and modding bad juju with a game like this, not everyone has a stable experience with the vanilla game, let alone modded.

Now is that a problem just for the game or is your desktop not centered as well? ---that would be a monitor setting issue

Otherwise, first thing that comes to mind is uninstalling, removing additonal files from mods (game directory and documents ini files as a whole) manually, then reinstalling. If the vanilla setup has a problem...

If it works fine, then the likelihood is that a mod or mods caused issue, whether by improper installation or poor coding.

Your post gave me an idea and I reset my aspect ratio to 16:9 (even though my screen is 16:10) and changed my resolution and it's running nicely now.

I have it fine now and I'll check back in if it starts to go off again.

Edit:

It went back to what it was doing when I poped out to write that, I have it working in letterbox mode though, so no big problem~

Edited by Ian9802

• 7 years later...