Locating Dependencies to an Unwanted Master

Lyssinna

At the beginning of my configuration of my companion mod, I accidentally had NVWillow enabled and it somehow got integrated into my mod as a dependency.

I've used the Clean Masters feature in FNVEdit which hasn't removed it, telling me that there's something inside there that's interacting with NVWillow. I don't want to just manually remove the entry as I know that will break it.

I've tried to use the "Parent" filter in FNVEdit but have had no success in locating the origin of the dependency.

I do have some custom dialogue, including a new "GREETING."

Can anyone point me to a way to actually locate the source of the dependency? (I know it's not any armor, weapon or other asset such as that).

I'm aware I need to remove them. I'm trying to find the best way to actually find the specific Form/EditorIDs that are referencing Willow. And by Save, do you mean rebuilding the mod from scratch? The saves for the game don't matter to me...it's what GECK, FOMM, Wyre Bash and FNVEdit claim are dependancies.

I'm sorry, I might be using the wrong terminology.

Yes. I'm aware that FNVEdit can find the Form/Editor IDs.

How do I isolate the IDs that are in my current mod so I can determine which ones are using Willow as a dependency?

Make a backup of your file (just in case) and manually remove the master. Save, reload fnvedit, and run a check for errors. Not the cleanest way to find dependencies, but it's the fastest if all you have is one or two errant entries.

• 6 years later...