sturlo95

Hello all,

I am very new to the forum side of Nexus, but I've been using mods for many years. Simply put, the Nexus is great. The community of modders amaze me every time I visit the site and for years I have been unable to imagine playing vanilla Skyrim. This site has me coming back time and time again, because I never know what to expect. More importantly though, the Nexus has made it possible for me to re-play Skyrim many times. It amazes me just how many times I've re-installed this single player RPG. Game files died? Worth re-installing. Virus kills computer? Re-install. Need to format? Re-install. Even now after not having played this game for over a year, I felt like re-installing it. Why? A buddy of mine showed me a new mod on the Nexus and I knew I had to check it out.

JUMP TO HERE TO SKIP ALL THE FLUFFY CRAP

Why am I posting this? Because in the over 4 YEARS that I have been on the Nexus, I never noticed that you could donate to modders. Albeit I never went searching too hard for for it, but there have been many times where I've thought to myself, "Hey this mod is better than some paid DLC's out there, why aren't these people getting paid??" Little did I know, they could have been, I just didn't know about it.

So how do we fix this? Plaster big ol' ads begging users to PAY THE STARVING MODDERS T_T all over the front page of Nexus? Not quite, many of us don't have the means to pay for everything and like modding to be free, (myself included most of the time). But I think in the light of recent Valve shenanigans, instead of talking about that garbage, people should be reminded that there are better alternatives to make these people some cash flow!

PS. I am aware that the donate button is pretty damn close to the endorse button on the mod pages, but c'mon, its pretty unnoticeable!

TLDR: Nexus should launch an anti-Valve "Feed the modders" campaign!!

Just a thought, let me know what you guys think

*mod edit* closed for being beyond silly. Already having too many threads like this popping up. - Vagrant0

Edited by Vagrant0