Dragon Age Redesigned doesn't work?

MrSupremacy

Hi, i'm for some reason having trouble getting the mod working, i have 'tucked_hair' installed, along with Dracomies Texture Mod and they're all in the override folder.

I'm using windows 7 and i've restarted DA multiple times, tried going to a different zone and all have done nothing. I'm using Dragon Age Ultimate Edition, the steam version.

You are going to have to be a bit more specific, exactly what isn't working? Redesigned alters npc face morphs and the tucked hair mod is used in character generation and the toolset for making morphs. Are you still seeing the stock faces? Does the hair not show up in the character creation section? etc

@MrS.

Like Rusty said, you'll have to be more specific if we're going to be able to help.

DA Redesigned has multiple steps to its "installation".

Did you get "Dracomies Textures" installed first? (seperate set of files within DA-RD.)

Are you seeing the revised faces for the NPCs (even with "white hair" or other anomalies)?

Regarding "Tucked Hair", it has no immediate impact "in-game". It's used to create a NEW character (with the new hair) at the Character Creator phase. And depending on what other facemorph mods you have, you'll need to download and install the seperate chargenmorphcfg.xml file for it.

There is absolutely no change in-game. Nothing has taken effect at all, although what i found interesting was that when i was trying to move the tucked_hair folder out into the override folder (the tucked_hair folder was sitting inside a tucked_hair directory inside the override folder) i got a message saying that this folder is in use by another program.

So the tucked_hair stuff may be working, just nothing else. Right now i have all the files sitting in the override directory, if i was to move them all into a folder called "Dragon Age Redesigned" could that help? And thandal, yes i installed Dracomies Textures first, then did the reccomended install of Redesigned.

here's a pic of my override folder:

http://i329.photobucket.com/albums/l391/McLunken/damodissuepic.png

Well, one thing to know is that most DA mods BELONG in their own folder within the "override" folder. That way you can a) know what you've got installed, and b) easily remove a mod (when you want to) by just deleting its folder. In general you shouldn't have to "move" them, and many are packaged so as to unpack themselves AS an entire folder. But as far as their actual use in the game, it doesn't matter.

Next, as discussed by both Rusty and myself, "Tucked Haior" only works during the Character Creation phase. Have you tried building a new female PC yet? Do you have a whole series of hairstyles AFTER the ones you're used to with ears showing?

Given the thousands of players who have successfully employed DA-RD, the issue is probably with your install.

Note that the instructions provided with the mod actually have a step "out of order" in that they would have you installing Dracomies True Textures AFTER selecting the "style" of the redesigned NPCs you want to use. The textures need to be installed first. And also note that the Companion NPCs are installed individually, seperately from any others, and a couple require other mods as well.

Copy of Partial Install Instructions:

==========================

Installing Dracomies True Textures

1. Double-click the folder called "Dragon Age Redesigned Version ______"

2. Double click Dragon Age Age Redesigned

3. Double-click Dragon Age Origins

4. Double-click Noncompanions

5. Double-click Dragon Age Redesigned Version ___.exe

6. Click Next

7. Choose the bubble called "Dracomies True textures"

If you have a copy of Windows Vista or Windows 7, make the files go to your override folder. Whenever you have installed mods in the past, they go in a particular override folder. Make the installer point the files to that exact folder. In the case with Windows Vista and Windows 7, it may point it to "Documents" but the installer is pointing to "My Documents" so have it go to your override folder where you have been installing mods in the past. Let it go to the same folder.

Installing changes for noncompanions

Please keep in mind that installing the Noncompanions require prior installation of Dracomies Textures

Do steps 1 through 6 as above.

Choose between Recommended, Aesthetics and Enhanced Lore.

=======================

This is actually really ticking me off now... It's not you guys, but all i'm getting with all my google searches and what people are telling me are all things i've ALEADY DONE. The fact that tucked hair doesn't seem to be working (the hair style in the picture on the main page doesn't show up when i go to make an elf female.) is making me think that for some stupid reason that mods arent working at all with the game! I also tried getting the developer console working earlier too, just to see if it worked and i couldn't get that working either. It's as if that entire folder in the documents folder isn't even being used?

This is actually really ticking me off now... It's not you guys, but all i'm getting with all my google searches and what people are telling me are all things i've ALEADY DONE. The fact that tucked hair doesn't seem to be working (the hair style in the picture on the main page doesn't show up when i go to make an elf female.) is making me think that for some stupid reason that mods arent working at all with the game! I also tried getting the developer console working earlier too, just to see if it worked and i couldn't get that working either. It's as if that entire folder in the documents folder isn't even being used?

Do you know if you have ANY working mods at all? I know Steam puts things in "non-standard" locations, so I'm not 100% sure what the full path to your "override" folder should be.

With "Tucked Hair", did you download the SEPERATE "chargenmorphcfg.xml" file that the author posted as a stand-alone, rather than bundling it with the rest of the mod?

For the Console, are you sure it's not working? Did you install the missing font so you can actually see what you're typing, rather than trusting that you got it right? See: "Make Console Commands Visible".

While I don't use DA-RD, (although I've got it and have played around with various pieces at different times) I do use "Tucked Hair", and fire-up the Console with some frequency.

Oh, and only because someone did make this mistake once before, you are putting things in your "...\[user's documents]\...\Packages\core\override" folder, and not the "override" folder that's found under ",,,\Program Files [x86]", right?

No, i have no working mods at all. I didn't get the chargenmorphcfg.xml file and i know the console doesn't work AT ALL because when i hit the designated key and start typing the code, lots of windows start opening up... It's pissing me off like anything because for both issues i've done everything exactly how it is said in the guide and spent ages trying to get it working to no avail. It's like my copy of Dragon Age is cursed!!!

We'll need the folder-and-file structure that Steam uses in order to help you translate, but for a Win7 (32-bit) retail disc install:

All of the original game (program) material goes into: "C:\Program Files\Dragon Age..."

All of the DLC, Characters, Saves, Screenshots, Mods, etc. (anything that is unique to the specific player) goes into:

"C:\Users\[username]\Documents\BioWare\Dragon Age..."

MOST mods are designed to be placed into: "C:\Users\[username]\Documents\BioWare\Dragon Age\packages\core\override..."

ALL mods packaged as a ".dazip" goes into: "C:\Users\[username]\Documents\BioWare\Dragon Age\addins..." (same as the DLC.)

If you have more than one mod that effects how characters look, especially at the initial CC phase, you will need to merge the settings for each of them into the file named: "chargenmorphcfg.xml". It can be done manually, but TerraEx's utility: "CharGenMorph Compiler" automates the process and prevents errors.

As I said, I don't know the locations Steam uses as the equivalents for the above paths, so you'll have to figure that out (or someone who already knows will have to post that info).

See also my mini-turorial in the 2nd post here: "Using DA Mods for Dummies".