Dragon Age Redesigned doesn't work?

MrSupremacy

Ok, i've now got the developer console working, and i got a mod that makes console command line visible working, i also got a mod that gives you a script that you can use in the console to add items to your inventory, but it doesn't work. I installed the toolset thinking it might make the script and the DA redesigned start working but it didn't do anything... so it seems i can get .erf files working, but not .mor or .ncs files? maybe there's something i'm missing..

Sorry you're having problems, Mr.

Sounds like, "Yes there's something you're missing."

Before chasing rabbits down holes, do you have ANY mods working? I ask because DA-RD does NOT rely on anything to do with the Console or the Toolset. So the fact that you talked so much about getting those working makes me wonder if you have a clear picture of what's needed to get this, or any other mod to function "in-game."

Here are the installation instructions from DA-RD:

====================================

Installing Dracomies True Textures

1. Double-click the folder called "Dragon Age Redesigned Version ______"

2. Double click Dragon Age Age Redesigned

3. Double-click Dragon Age Origins

4. Double-click Noncompanions

5. Double-click Dragon Age Redesigned Version ___.exe

6. Click Next

7. Choose the bubble called "Dracomies True textures"

If you have a copy of Windows Vista or Windows 7, make the files go to your override folder. Whenever you have installed mods in the past, they go in a particular override folder. Make the installer point the files to that exact folder. In the case with Windows Vista and Windows 7, it may point it to "Documents" but the installer is pointing to "My Documents" so have it go to your override folder where you have been installing mods in the past. Let it go to the same folder.

Installing changes for noncompanions

Please keep in mind that installing the Noncompanions require prior installation of Dracomies Textures

Do steps 1 through 6 as above.

Choose between Recommended, Aesthetics and Enhanced Lore.

====================================

I have installed this more than 4 times now exactly how you just said, i start by installing Dracomies Textures to my override folder: C:\Users\Cameron\Documents\BioWare\Dragon Age\packages\core\override, and then i run the installer again and select "recommended settings" and it installs the balanced version of the aesthetics and lore to that same directory. I also tried running DA-Mod and making a .override packet... but it seems it was a waste of time.

But you have the Steam version of DA:O, right? I understand that Steam has a slightly different folder structure (game, player profile, or both) than the retail disc install. If that's true, you will have to modify the installation process for ALL mods to get them to work with your install of the game.

Ok so i have now reinstalled dracomies textures and dragon age redesigned to this directory along with the 'make console visible' and 'additem console command script': D:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\dragon age ultimate edition\packages\core\override but it has done the exact same thing as before... the mod to make the console visible worked, but nothing else it seems.

The console commands are visible because the only thing the "mod" does is install the Windows font that they use (which was missing from the original game.)

I can't say with any certainty if the path you've identified above is the one that your install of DA would use for player-installed mods. In a non-Steam install, it is NOT under "Program Files" at all (although there is another "override" folder in an identical path found there.)

Try a very basic mod, like this one: "Practical Female Dalish Armor"

All it does is change the look of a specific set of leather armour from this:

http://www.dragonagenexus.com/imageshare/images/1678793-1293415399.jpg

to this:

http://www.dragonagenexus.com/imageshare/images/1678793-1293415080.jpg

You can see if it worked by visting the Dalish Camp on the Outskirts of the Brecilian Forest and walking up to Mithra, who is one of the guards on the path.