Crash at Launch

RedSkylark

Mmk so I've gone through literally about 25 threads on this forum and others trying to diagnose what exactly is going on with my copy of FO3: GOTY.

I'll start by saying, launching the game through the launcher or with fallout3.exe loads the game perfectly fine and I can play no problem for as long as I want. The only issue comes with starting the game with fose_loader.exe - it goes to black screen to load, doesn't even make it to the loading screen and says Fallout3 has stopped responding.

I followed instructions on installing FOSE properly and I have no mods currently running other than the Unofficial Patch.

Any ideas here guys? I appreciate any help.

it's not been patched, file size is incorrect. Fose will not load that version.

----------------------------

Prior to patching the game ,IF and only IF you intend to mod the game "create or change things in mods, " you will require the GECK

in order to install and update the kit, you need to install IT now ,before updating the games engines and files....other wise, you will not be able to install the updates for the geck.

So here is a place to start.

http://fallout.bethsoft.com/eng/downloads/geck.php

After you install and update the Geck ,http://cdnstatic.bethsoft.com/fallout.bethsoft.com/eng/images/right/right-patches.gifThis will be your very next step.

Do not do in reverse...do as I direct.

when your done, you will find the file size of the launcher has changed....considerably.

Now it will run with fose.

Edited by Purr4me

I installed GECK and updated it, then downloaded the 1.7 update for Fallout 3 and let it run, it then started the game for me after updating - so I assumed it completed. When I try to launch fose_loader.exe - the game still crashes on start up. It's like the 1.7 version isn't updating the actual game - it goes through the motions but then opens the game (which sometimes crashes).

UPDATE: I checked the version of FO3 and took a SS to show I'm running 1.7 - game still crashes with fose_loader.exe

Edited by RedSkylark

what path is the game installed at? as in where is it?

get the version ID of the games launcher, not the engine.

the launcher is where the DRM is located, not the engine.

and I still see it has not updated the game properly.

so let's see if we can re-do some things.

http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout3/mods/4635/?

please read and try to understand WHY this mod is there, why it was put here.

download the steam package from this link and put aside for use. your going to redo the process and I'll show you how.

uninstall the geck, use this program so it gets uninstalled cleanly. (http://www.revouninstaller.com/).

You be very careful and pay attention to details.

reboot.

http://s26.postimg.org/thmwgwtqh/Uninstaller_Pro.jpg

extract the steam "fake patch" executable and copy it to the game directory, overwrite the 1.7 engine.

It should now show the Original "steam version of the retail Virgin game engine."

now install the geck...up date the geck to 1.59...then reboot the PC.

Now at this point you should have the vanilla steam "fake" engine running and the geck loads it just fine.

now run the games Bethesda patch.

1.7 now installed...the launcher should have changed...question, do you own the DLC's?

is this a retail DVD or steam game?

I am not going to explain why i know what you have ,I don't really care. I know for a fact what takes place during the updates of this game.

IF you do not own the game, then you will always have this issue. read the ITs' statements clearly at siverlock about the important of the correct version information required for "FOSE" to run, what IS and what IS NOT supported.

it's an old story. .and if the language is not clear enough?

ask some one else about how FOSE works.

Edited by Purr4me

Please for what ever reason, do not get apprehensive about the words I choose to use here, we are after a logic Byte problem taking place or not taking place...the reason your having issues is because you do not understand why things happen or don't.

My wet ware is Hot and very able to compute things....thousands of times over and over.

If the game is not English? this will cause this problem...hence why I don't care....it is the FOSE thing to deal with and the very specif requirements they placed on it's use.

Why I do not use it, it's not worth all the headaches to me to have to deal with it's problems.

Language specific's are probably why this problem is there.

you need the English copy of this game for anything i post to work...it will not work with other versions as stated By silverlock.

people forget simple things...omit the language of the game / versions in use.