What Happened To Pfuscher AKA Zerwas1 ?

Deadmano

So I was randomly going through my list of mods I often revisit for updates etc. when I realized Pfuscher had taken down ALL of his graphical 4k/parallax mods. For those of you who aren't familiar with his mods, he has pretty much the highest attention to detail 4K textures combined with parallax (in my opinion) and I simply cannot ever do a run without his mods...

Does anybody have any idea as to what happened? He was last working on Skyrim 2015 and posted so many updates, now suddenly a week or so later all his mods except one not related to his texture edits is left...

Is he simply going to release as a paid mod on Steam's workshop? Would be such a pity but totally understandable for all the insane amount of work he has put into his mods. Just a pity I never got to download the rest of his amazing mods... :(

Sorry wasn't aware my inbox is full. Some mods will go back online soon, no matter what happens. For the rest, I'm just waiting how this whole situation ends.

Over a year of work and failed in college.

~700.000+ downloads, not counting several other hosters maybe 800.000

~3.000 endorsements

~300 thanks

- 3 donations

Edited by Zerwas1

Sorry wasn't aware my inbox is full. Some mods will go back online soon, no matter what happens. For the rest, I'm just waiting how this whole situation ends.

Over a year of work and failed in college.

~700.000+ downloads, not counting several other hosters maybe 800.000

~3.000 endorsements

~300 thanks

- 3 donations

Hey Zerwas! Great to see you're still around! :smile:

If I am reading what you're saying correctly, you took down your mods because you felt unappreciated for all the work you have done or? What is the reason behind taking down all your mods?

Your failing college I hope is not due to your mods and the time you've put into them, even though it was your choice, though I know exactly where you are coming from!

If this is indeed regarding the popularity of your mods, you must remember there are TONS of mods out there who are COMPLETELY under-appreciated and who deserve so much recognition... Like all of your mods. Once a famous Youtuber picks up a mod then it flocks to the hot files section and takes off from there. Most modders will only ever really check the hot files without actually going through each category as I do (that is exactly how I discovered all your mods!). Also a lot of the other popular mods have been around for years now and have gotten a lot of traction, your mods are still relatively new in that regard.

You should never have to give up or pull your work down just because it isn't getting all the attention you thought it would. It is your work, you should be proud of it, and have it out there for others to discover. Regardless if you get 10k downloads or 1kk downloads, the fact that you can share it with even a handful of people that fully appreciate it should be more than enough, if not to make your own game an amazing place to spend time in!

In any event, I hope all issues are resolved and you manage to cure whatever it is that ails you. I am so looking forward to seeing all your amazing mods online once more, and I am sure there are many more people who are yet to discover your amazing rextextures (and more so from this thread now perhaps...).

I now hereby dub this the "THANK YOU ZERWAS FOR ALL YOUR HARD WORK AND DEDICATION" thread! :laugh:

Edited by Deadmano

Not about attention, but if future mods on steam will cost money, I'll need a little to buy them. Also can't improve them, like I did in the past, if I can't download them.

Edited by Zerwas1

Hello, I loved your screenshots. I was waiting for July for my new rig so I could use your parallax textures and I'm so sad that I won't be able to now...

I understand why you want to sell your work via the Workshop, but if you're doing it to buy mods on the Workshop, there's no need! Most mods will continue to be uploaded to Nexus as the majority of support is there. Plus the Nexus has donations.

I hope you're aware that there are now legal complications for modders uploading on the Workshop. Chesko (Frostfall creator) became a victim of it.

Not about attention, but if future mods on steam will cost money, I'll need a little to buy them. Also can't improve them, like I did in the past, if I can't download them.

Which is one of the reasons why I am opposed to the pay wall for mods. It punishes people who cannot afford to buy all of them. At any rate, I hope you don't remain disheartened for too long. You have an incredible talent, and I love looking at your work.