Donations Challenge! Let's Make it Happen.

NiteBeast

I've received more donations than ever since I had made the statement that my Nexus mods would remain free. I just wanted to post here that indeed this debacle has brought supporting mod authors to more people's attention. And, thanks to those that did donate for my work.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just donated to my top 5 favorite mod creators that accept donations, and next paycheck I'll get another 5. I don't post much (if at all normally), but I really do appreciate all the hard work. I tried my hand at modding way back in Morrowind and I marvel at the time, patience and dedication it takes. So many of the top mods on Nexus are masterpieces.

Edited by sldains

I've received more donations than ever since I had made the statement that my Nexus mods would remain free. I just wanted to post here that indeed this debacle has brought supporting mod authors to more people's attention. And, thanks to those that did donate for my work.

That's what I'm taking away as a positive from all this Workshop mess, a renewed appreciation for what you and other modders do and give to the rest of us.

Thank you very much for your time and your work.

If you really want to donate, then give some to the smaller modders as well, those big guys get almost all of the donations anyway.

For real though, a small modder can be lucky if he can get 20 bucks over a period of several months, big modders probably sit on several hundreds if not a thousand+ bucks in donations alone.

Edited by Guest

If you really want to donate, then give some to the smaller modders as well, those big guys get almost all of the donations anyway.

For real though, a small modder can be lucky if he can get 20 bucks over a period of several months, big modders probably sit on several hundreds if not a thousand+ bucks in donations alone.

My plan is to donate to every Nexus mod in my load order, big and small. They all in concert make my game just how I want it.

I will defiantly be donating to a majority of the mods I use. One thing this whole situation has shown me is that I have taken the work of modders for granted. They work very hard to bring fun and new content to a game I love and they deserve something for that for sure.

Got my support, I've also started putting my money were my mouth is and have donated to mods I treasure in my load order and will continue to do so, though like others it may take some time to get round to all of them! :blush:

I don't know about them getting that much in donations, but while I do agree with the idea of donating to the smaller modders, I just checked some of the smaller mods in my loadout that are some of my favourites despite their small scale, Digitigrade Khajiit, Dwarven Rifles, Deadly Serious Shrouded Armour, even Moonpath to Elsweyr which is one of the larger mods I use, but they all lack donation options. Did give some long overdue endorsements while I was at each page, though.