Donations Challenge! Let's Make it Happen.

NiteBeast

I have so many mods to go through HAHA, but I'm happy to say I've been able to go through a third of my load order to Endorse and Donate to the mods I use. I should have done this long ago!

Thank you mod authors, we wouldn't have the personal experiences we do in this game if it wasn't for the stunning array of content you create that we get to choose from. Bethesda made a great game, your imagination and ingenuity propelled it to something truly incredible. Very well done and please keep up the great work!

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks to all who have donated, endorsed and commented in gratitude of my and others work. I really do appreciate it and after such a disgraceful recent show, which I now can completely see and understand was undertaken only by a minute and hateful minority who had no vested interest in the community, as a whole. It restores the respect and admiration I have for the vast majority of true and decent members which have only sought the betterment and growth of the community and you are the very people I love sharing my work with.

Thank you very much for your brilliant support and all the very best, my friends.

I agree with the idea the community should support the mod makes...OF THEIR CHOICE! Not everyone sees mods the same way. Nor do they have the funds to support all mods. The logistics of a support mechanism would be a nightmare. People find what they think is going to be a good mod....for them....only to find its not what they thought...and unload it...should they be paying monthly for that mod? Should they pay a "set" fee to download it? "donations" to the individual should be direct for each mod the downloader personally feel is worthy of a donation. True there will be people that download and feel they don't need to support anything. Then too there will be the hack modder who puts up "crap" for a mod expecting they get paid for it!

Donations should be based on what an individual feels a mod is worth...to them. "one size fits all" doesn't work! More like "one mans ceiling is another mans floor"! No matter how you cut it...its going to be "controversial" at best.

YES put a "donations box" with the mod...let the chips fall where they may. There are MANY good mods out there that deserve at LEAST verbal gratitude so endorse it. At least an endorsement shows people "this is a good mod" and...IF an individual likes it enough, a donation would obviously be more than welcome!

Ones you FORCE a payment on people you tend to lose them altogether. Consider the "vanilla" game cost $50, if one put in a lot of mods and finds its costing them another say $200 they are going to stick with the vanilla game! Thus having a profound effect on modding in general and "pay for modding" specifically!

Again....I agree there are some mods worth there weight in gold...can't live without them...IF they had a "donations" button I would surely use it!

Constructive Criticism of a mod, Im sure will be taken in the context it was given...however..if one has to "pay" for a mod (and its not all its cracked up to be) some people will get irate and "flame" the modder...NOT good. Even Geniuses are entitled to a mistake! ( but not with a A bomb!)

I'm not a modder, I looked at the CK, I have a hard time just trying to figure it all out! So I have the utmost respect for someone who CAN mod. And some modders have a real eye for beauty and detail...putting out some absolutely gorgeous work. (I have even more respect for them) And I don't mind say it with dollars!