Steam and Bethesda remove paid modding from Skyrim Workshop

Dark0ne

the mod authors who are still acting like petulant children

This is clearly a post designed simply to offend, throw personal insult and yet another example of the outrageous abuse us mod authors have been subjected too. Now people reading this can see at least one example of the unwarranted abuse thrown at us.

Abuse is NEVER justified, EVER. Theft is NEVER justifiable, EVER. Don't you dare try pass the buck and try to blame the mod authors involved for all this, they were not the ones flinging insults, death threats and stealing. I don't care what you think of my work, you are FAR overruled by not only the many people who did think my work was worth money and purchased it, but also the many people who got Bleakden Town not only to the top of Steam, but also on the Nexus Hot Files. I have NEVER released a low quality mod and public opinion backs that up. Neither have any of the mod authors involved, regardless of some pathetic amateur 'reviews' by people who clearly have no idea of modding and the limitations of the game and the CK. So why don't you tell me again what the 'public' thinks......

I never once said that I was lamenting the fact that I can no longer make money off pay for mods, so you are talking out of your butt there. I don't give a crap about the money, my issue was with the way a portion of the community so happily threw abuse and a community that protected the rights of it's modders suddenly felt free to advocate theft and piracy. That was unforgivable.

You think you are going to 'run me out of this community' just because you 'don't like what I did', well think again buddy. I have been here ten years, I spent thousands of my own money not only on making mods but also on providing a modding community for 7 years, you will never convince me that what I did was wrong. I have given and given to this community FAR more then you buddy, for FREE. You will never convince me that my work and knowledge is worth nothing, your opinion doesn't matter to me. I am not going anywhere regardless of your insults and vitriol. Bethesda asked me to be part of this (remember Bethesda, the people that made the game in the first place) and I accepted, something I will never apologize for, it was a fricken honor to be asked and I don't regret one moment of it. Also I always intended to keep releasing free mods with the occassional paid one, a fact that people overlook. But the fact is that everyone is entitled to compensation for their hard work, regardless of what trolls think.

I guess I should thank you, every time I feel like I want 'out' another vindictive, insulting user comes along to remind me of the above paragraph and spark the fight in me once again. lol

Oh and just for the record...my inbox says that the 'community' did not make its opinion crystal clear, only a few trolls did.

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In response to post #25539179.

Shezrie wrote:

This is clearly a post designed simply to offend, throw personal insult and yet another example of the outrageous abuse us mod authors have been subjected too. Now people reading this can see at least one example of the unwarranted abuse thrown at us.

Abuse is NEVER justified, EVER. Theft is NEVER justifiable, EVER. Don't you dare try pass the buck and try to blame the mod authors involved for all this, they were not the ones flinging insults, death threats and stealing. I don't care what you think of my work, you are FAR overruled by not only the many people who did think my work was worth money and purchased it, but also the many people who got Bleakden Town not only to the top of Steam, but also on the Nexus Hot Files. I have NEVER released a low quality mod and public opinion backs that up. Neither have any of the mod authors involved, regardless of some pathetic amateur 'reviews' by people who clearly have no idea of modding and the limitations of the game and the CK. So why don't you tell me again what the 'public' thinks......

I never once said that I was lamenting the fact that I can no longer make money off pay for mods, so you are talking out of your butt there. I don't give a crap about the money, my issue was with the way a portion of the community so happily threw abuse and a community that protected the rights of it's modders suddenly felt free to advocate theft and piracy. That was unforgivable.

You think you are going to 'run me out of this community' just because you 'don't like what I did', well think again buddy. I have been here ten years, I spent thousands of my own money not only on making mods but also on providing a modding community for 7 years, you will never convince me that what I did was wrong. I have given and given to this community FAR more then you buddy, for FREE. You will never convince me that my work and knowledge is worth nothing, your opinion doesn't matter to me. I am not going anywhere regardless of your insults and vitriol. Bethesda asked me to be part of this (remember Bethesda, the people that made the game in the first place) and I accepted, something I will never apologize for, it was a fricken honor to be asked and I don't regret one moment of it. Also I always intended to keep releasing free mods with the occassional paid one, a fact that people overlook. But the fact is that everyone is entitled to compensation for their hard work, regardless of what trolls think.

I guess I should thank you, every time I feel like I want 'out' another vindictive, insulting user comes along to remind me of the above paragraph and spark the fight in me once again. lol

Oh and just for the record...my inbox says that the 'community' did not make its opinion crystal clear, only a few trolls did.

Get over yourself. I'm not trying to run you out of the community. You're doing a fairly spectacular job of that all by yourself.

You were on your high horse trying to justify paid mods a month before it went live, and dismissed anyone who didn't agree with you as self entitled, trying to shame anyone who didn't agree with your selfish and greedy philosophy. I knew then and there you would be among the first to try to sell a mod, and I knew you would be among the most indignant whiners when paid modding was discontinued.

I get it. You have a high opinion of yourself. You think you're important. You think the modding community would come to a standstill without your continued support and contributions. While I certainly don't argue that said support and contributions would be missed, I promise you that we would manage with or without you. Not a single mod author is more important to this community than the mod users who download these mods. It's a symbiotic relationship that worked just fine until you got greedy. Like it or not, you helped damage that relationship. Now I'm not saying that you're totally to blame for all this, so you can start backspacing right now and don't even bother trying to spin it that way. But there's no denying that you were willfully complicit, and that you should have bloody well known better.

So you can keep screaming "EVERYONE'S WRONG BUT ME" at anyone who points out the errors of your hypocrisy and your hubris, and continue to trivialize and dismiss a movement that managed to 1). elevate a petition that received 133,000 signatures into the national spotlight, 2). lower the rating of a game over 10 points in less than 3 days on Steam, 3). received condemnation from nearly 100% of the modding community at large.

Or

You can take a good long look at yourself in the mirror, forget for a minute that you consider yourself one of the greatest mod authors in the hobby, open your eyes and accept that the community at large doesn't agree with your philosophy, and realize that you acting like a spoiled brat is only widening the rift between authors and users.

I'm not questioning your talent, nor am I questioning your creativity. Neither do I begrudge mod users who continue to support you. It's not for me to criticize that support.

But you have lost my support. You have lost my praise. You have lost my endorsements. And you have lost my trust. Of course, I'm under no illusions that you care about any of that (unless it's convenient for you to prove how important you are). All you care about is money.

It's not the modding community's fault you wasted so much time and money on mods, and it's unfortunate you think it's a waste because you didn't get reimbursed. It's not the modding community's fault that you were conned into participating in what was obviously a horrible idea, and it's not the modding community's fault that you failed to take the advice of dozens of members of that community who made it perfectly clear a month prior that they would not support it, nor would they pay one red cent for paid mods. It's not the modding community's fault that your starry-eyed dreams and fantasies of making a living off changing values in Bethesda's Creation Kit did not pan out. And it's most certainly not the modding community's fault that you chose to throw a temper tantrum because it failed to become a reality.

But don't try to blame mod users for your new-found infamy. You did that yourself.

I owe you nothing. Edited by phantompally76

Lol, where ever did you come up with this crap! It is so far from what I actually think and said as to be ludicrous. I suggest you actually read my posts before replying. I have never thought about myself as 'one of the greatest mod authors in the hobby' because I am not and I really don't have a problem with that. I have contributed a lot though over the years, that is a provable fact though where you got the idea that I consider it a 'waste' is beyond me.

I never once called people who didn't agree with paid mods 'entitled' and I certainly never tried to 'shame' people, that is just ridiculous I suggest you reread my posts from that thread.

All you care about is money.

What part of....

I don't give a crap about the money

...led you to that 'logical' conclusion.

But you have lost my support. You have lost my praise. You have lost my endorsements.

Fine. *shrug* If this insulting attitude and personal insults are what constitutes your 'support' then I have gained, not lost.

I owe you nothing.

I owe you even less and care even less then that for your 'opinion' and personal insults.

In response to post #25545819.

Shezrie wrote:

Lol, where ever did you come up with this crap! It is so far from what I actually think and said as to be ludicrous. I suggest you actually read my posts before replying. I have never thought about myself as 'one of the greatest mod authors in the hobby' because I am not and I really don't have a problem with that. I have contributed a lot though over the years, that is a provable fact though where you got the idea that I consider it a 'waste' is beyond me.

I never once called people who didn't agree with paid mods 'entitled' and I certainly never tried to 'shame' people, that is just ridiculous I suggest you reread my posts from that thread.

All you care about is money.

What part of....

I don't give a crap about the money

...led you to that 'logical' conclusion.

But you have lost my support. You have lost my praise. You have lost my endorsements.

Fine. *shrug* If this insulting attitude and personal insults are what constitutes your 'support' then I have gained, not lost.

I owe you nothing.

I owe you even less and care even less then that for your 'opinion' and personal insults.

Oh, we know you don't care. You've made that more than abundantly clear. You don't care about anyone or anything other than yourself, and your wallet. You've spent the past month condemning everyone who disagrees with you, and you've done far more damage to your own reputation than the combined forces of every troll on The Internet.

You've shown your true colors. And again, that's entirely on you, and you're the one who has to live with it.

Granted, I'm fully aware that you'll live with it just fine. That's what makes it so utterly reprehensible and unredeeming; you legitimately believe in your heart of hearts that you're the righteous martyr in all this, and that you'll be remembered as a pioneering hero in the annals of modding history.

You're not. And you won't.

Edited by phantompally76

In response to post #25539179. #25545094 is also a reply to the same post.

Shezrie wrote:

phantompally76 wrote: Get over yourself. I'm not trying to run you out of the community. You're doing a fairly spectacular job of that all by yourself.

You were on your high horse trying to justify paid mods a month before it went live, and dismissed anyone who didn't agree with you as self entitled, trying to shame anyone who didn't agree with your selfish and greedy philosophy. I knew then and there you would be among the first to try to sell a mod, and I knew you would be among the most indignant whiners when paid modding was discontinued.

I get it. You have a high opinion of yourself. You think you're important. You think the modding community would come to a standstill without your continued support and contributions. While I certainly don't argue that said support and contributions would be missed, I promise you that we would manage with or without you. Not a single mod author is more important to this community than the mod users who download these mods. It's a symbiotic relationship that worked just fine until you got greedy. Like it or not, you helped damage that relationship. Now I'm not saying that you're totally to blame for all this, so you can start backspacing right now and don't even bother trying to spin it that way. But there's no denying that you were willfully complicit, and that you should have bloody well known better.

So you can keep screaming "EVERYONE'S WRONG BUT ME" at anyone who points out the errors of your hypocrisy and your hubris, and continue to trivialize and dismiss a movement that managed to 1). elevate a petition that received 133,000 signatures into the national spotlight, 2). lower the rating of a game over 10 points in less than 3 days on Steam, 3). received condemnation from nearly 100% of the modding community at large.

Or

You can take a good long look at yourself in the mirror, forget for a minute that you consider yourself one of the greatest mod authors in the hobby, open your eyes and accept that the community at large doesn't agree with your philosophy, and realize that you acting like a spoiled brat is only widening the rift between authors and users.

I'm not questioning your talent, nor am I questioning your creativity. Neither do I begrudge mod users who continue to support you. It's not for me to criticize that support.

But you have lost my support. You have lost my praise. You have lost my endorsements. And you have lost my trust. Of course, I'm under no illusions that you care about any of that (unless it's convenient for you to prove how important you are). All you care about is money.

It's not the modding community's fault you wasted so much time and money on mods, and it's unfortunate you think it's a waste because you didn't get reimbursed. It's not the modding community's fault that you were conned into participating in what was obviously a horrible idea, and it's not the modding community's fault that you failed to take the advice of dozens of members of that community who made it perfectly clear a month prior that they would not support it, nor would they pay one red cent for paid mods. It's not the modding community's fault that your starry-eyed dreams and fantasies of making a living off changing values in Bethesda's Creation Kit did not pan out. And it's most certainly not the modding community's fault that you chose to throw a temper tantrum because it failed to become a reality.

But don't try to blame mod users for your new-found infamy. You did that yourself.

I owe you nothing.

1. A national spotlight on...wait for it...People Want Free Stuff.

2. Lowered a rating?! HAHAHAHA

3. How does that work if your movement received condemnation from 100% of the community at large if you are also a member of that community? You hate yourself?

Please continue posting. You might yet make it as a comedian. Seinfield like even.

In response to post #25545819.

Oh, we know you don't care. You've made that more than abundantly clear. You don't care about anyone or anything other than yourself, and your wallet. You've spent the past month condemning everyone who disagrees with you, and you've done far more damage to your own reputation than the combined forces of every troll on The Internet.

You've shown your true colors. And again, that's entirely on you, and you're the one who has to live with it.

Granted, I'm fully aware that you'll live with it just fine. That's what makes it so utterly reprehensible and unredeeming; you legitimately believe in your heart of hearts that you're the righteous martyr in all this, and that you'll be remembered as a pioneering hero in the annals of modding history.

You're not. And you won't.

You really are living in another reality aren't you, you have absolutely no idea of what I am thinking or what I believe. At this point I am just going to continue reporting your posts that have become nothing more then personal attacks.