An open letter to modders.

RurikNiall

In lieu of all that has happened these past few days I feel compelled to say a few things. I know I'm not the most well known member of the community, at best some of you may know me as "that one guy the Unofficial Skyrim Patch mentions in their list of mods made obsolete by their patch." (It's an honour, no joke! I legitimately feel honoured to even be recognised by the team for something I threw together long ago before the official construction kit was released!) First of all, I wish to apologise, I don't say thank you enough to the modders that have given me hundreds of hours of joy, in fact I don't say it at all, I've always just downloaded the mods, and I often only post to report a glitch and, if possible, how to fix it after poking around in the CK to find the root. For this, I apologise.

This, of course leads to the second thing I wish to say, three guesses what it is and the first two don't count. And this goes out to all modders everywhere, not just Skyrim or the Elder Scrolls, to the KotOR modders, New Vegas modders, Civilization modders, everyone. Thank you, from the bottom of my heart. Thank you all for the joy you've given me over the years. Thank you for the giant DLC quality mods with new regions to explore, fully voiced dialogue, and well written quests. Thank you for the little mods that make my shrouded armour look a little bit nicer and let me have the Morrowind style beast race feet I've missed so much since Oblivion. Thank you for the bug fixes that, let's face it, Bethesda should be paying you for. Thank you for all the tweaks that make the UI more useful, the gameplay more balanced, and just generally improve my gameplay experience. Thank you for all your hard work, past, present, and future. And finally, thank you for taking the time to read my ramblings.

I was one of those who just download and continue with their day. I never realized how much that one "endorse"-button could mean, not before this.. Incident.

I apologize, for every single mod I have downloaded, and thank every single modder who has put their time on them. Without them, Skyrim would not be as great and customizable as it is now. Something for everyone. Honestly, thank you. Not just who had made the mods I have used, but to every modder in this community.

And I promise, that I will go through every mod I can remember and endorse them all. They deserve it!

Edited by Halihaisku

Couldnt agree more with you. All of you mods makers gave more life, colors, and flavour to my game (and thus hundreds of my lifetime), and that for free, without asking for anything except bug reports. You all are what make theses games magic beyond spells, beautiful beyond graphisms, and stunning beyond stories. Even if it had to stop right today, I feel lucky I could live that thanks to you. =)

I agree with everything you said, and thank you for saying it RurikNiall.

And while I know you were half poking fun at yourself by saying it, I must say that your words are far from ramblings. Your words are positive, encourages positivity, and are true. When words are such a combination, they are never rambling.

Thank you again for these words and thanks again to all you modders out there, past, present, and future.

If I could I would donate to all modders if I ever win the lotto I will putt aside a million dollars and spread it across the modder community :smile: and I keep my promises

(secretly wishes this gives him karma points to win Lotto Max $50 Million dollars this next draw) lol

PS. Without you guys I would have never bought Skyrim for PC as I played the original to death on consoles lol