Please Help!

TheKnattydread

hello i have recently started using powerdirector, on my timeline are two titles with the same image, text etc. but they are inverse in color, i wanted to create an effect that looked like television interference between the two titles as it switches from a white 'light hearted' title into a black 'dark evil' looking title, i thought this would be very cool, especially b/c powerdirector has the transition i want. My only problem is that transitions, as far as i know, cannot be placed over titles, only videos in their respected timeline, which makes perfect sense i just want to know if there is a way to manipulate this so that i can use PD's 'transitions' to switch between 'titles'? thank you for your time

-TheKnattydread

• 1 month later...

I haven't used Cyberlink PowerDirector (PD), so I cannot say authoritatively whether you intend is directly possible within PD. Also, please note that PD9 seems to support titles in the video track, so it looks like you are using an older version 8.

You can probably try some of these workarounds:

1. Try the screenshooting-the-title method as explained in the Cyberlink Community Forum.

2. Create the light title, dark title and TV interference transition as 3 separate videos using PD. Then use VirtualDub or Windows Movie Maker to merge these 3 videos together and adjust the timelines as per your needs.

3. For creating a basic show-and-tell video, you can use the freeware Microsoft Photo Story 3, which has more than 40 types of transitions.