Detect dead/life candlelight

jackotrick

I would like to have a mod that behaves like candlelight (you cast it and the orb follows you for X ammount of time) but would apply detect dead/life magic effect instead of the creating light.

Any idea how to get this done?

I have been trying to mess with creation kit but seems i can't figure it on my own.

Any help please?

Well i have been messing with creation kit and detect life/dead use the same spell... the only difference is the script they have attached (enemy interior, enemy exterior, friendly interior, friendly exterior)

the thing is i dont seem to find a way to preserve that script and change the spell from concentration to "fire and forget" and I guess that changing the nature of this spell it is gonna require a duration

any help?

Those aren't scripts. They are magic effects. You will have to create new versions of those magic effects that are target actor, fire and forget. Then you will have to add them to a new spell that is also target actor, fire and forget.

You can take a look at the scripts and magic effects I have made up in my mod Alchemical Cooking Recipes; I have a Detect Life and Detect Dead fire and forget spell that is attached to a dummy effect that is attached to a consumable. The script will update every 2 seconds while the dummy effect is active so the detect spell continues to look for actors while you move.

Edited by lesi123