Dynamic Weapon Positioning

chrismathis215

Okay, just to be clear this is not a request, as I'm sure this is something the modding community has already been attempting to make work since Skyrim was released. I just have a question that I hope you guys here on the forums can help me figure out.

Why is there not a mod yet that dynamically adjusts the position of your weapons based on what you have equipped?

One thing I've come to understand with installing custom armors and weapons and using custom skeletons and animations is that preventing ALL clipping is almost impossible. Now I don't have any experience creating mods really, so you'll have to bear with me. That might be why it's not already apparently obvious to me. I just want to know why a mod can't check what skeleton and animations a player is using, what race they're using along with what body mod, and what they already have equipped and decide based upon these factors how to best place the weapon to prevent clipping. Now don't get me wrong, I understand that it would be an incredibly complicated mod, I just feel like after all these years somebody would have taken it up already. Can you guys just help me understand exactly what the limitation is in the creation kit that prevents us from doing this? Is this functionality not something that SKSE could help us accomplish yet? Any and all thoughts are appreciated, thank you.