Self-Levelling Armoury - Ideas/Discussion

NightmareElmo

I have an idea for a mod I want to make. Its called Self-Levelling Armoury (until I decide on a better name) and it does basically what it suggests. That your armour, weapons and mage clothes with level up with you. It is inspired by InsanitySorrow's mod 'The Huntsman' which increases its damage and speed with each five levels the character gains.

How I think it want to work is that each time you level up, a script fires that updates that item you have equipped. For example, if a sword is equipped, and you have levelled up, then the base weapon damage will increase, its critical chance might increase, its speed might increase. Things like that.

For armour, I think the armour rating might increase and the weight might decrease. (Not sure if i want to include armours yet or not)

For mages clothes, it will have an enchantment that boosts a particular type of magic depending on the player, as well a resistance enchantment, and it gets stronger each time you level up.

As a specific example, say you are a destruction mage. You have a hood that boosts total magicka and magicka regen. You have robes that boost magic resistance and physical resistance. It starts off at level 1 with a 10% rating. Then for each level it increases by, lets say 1% up until level 70. that would mean that by the time they reach level 80, the resistance is 80%, the maximum the vanilla enchanting system goes to. So in that sense the system scales with the level.

To me it seems more immersive, as your character gets stronger they learn to use the items better, and so the item values will reflect this. It also will help in convenience, as a mage will get a set of magic clothes at the start of a playthrough and not have to change for the rest of the playthrough, their set will level with them.

I dont think it would be that hard to set up a framework for this so that anyone could add their own custom creations to the self-levelling system.

Let me know about any ideas you have on this. Do you think its crap, or a good idea? Any idea for improvements or another direction this mod could take? Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.