Objects disappearing in GECK after saving?

ahztek666

I hope someone can help me here, because it is REALLY driving me up the wall.

Not including the vanilla weapons, I have freshly added about 30-40 new weapons from scratch. In GECK i have created an armory in the 22nd floor of the Lucky 38. In this armory, I have placed all my new weapons on benches so that they can be easily accessed. However, this is where my problem starts - when I save my esp after placing all the new weapons on benches, I go to test the mod, and to my dismay, ALL the new weapons have disappeared from where I put them. When i go back to the GECK they are still there... I exit GECK and reload the mod, and *poof* they have just disappeared. So somewhere after i save, the assets vanish.

Does anyone know why the weapons are doing this? All the vanilla weapons that i have replaced stay where they should go, but for some reason the new weapons disappear.

Any ideas?

Thanks.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A number of people have posted problems like this. I have never had this behavior, and none of the other threads contain a solution. If this is really happening, it sounds like a big problem, but I can do these things successfully all the time. Do the weapons which you are adding, come from another mod? Are any other esp/esm files needed to see these items? If everything is contained in one mod, I cannot see any reason for this. If it is self-contained, could you put up a zip file of the mod, attached to a post? It sounds like you would have two different versions of the mod, one in which you have saved all the items and you can see them, and then a later version of the mod where all the items are gone. If you put up a mod, please include the exact name of your interior, so that it will be easy for somebody to "coc" there and look in game.

My weapons are in ONE mod that replaces all vanilla weapons, adds new weapons, and adds a new armory to the Presidential Suite in the Lucky 38. It is all bundled into one ESP.

@davidallen - I cant attach it to a post - not yet (due to certain issues with some of its contents)

@blove - not sure what you mean? Hopefully you can come back to elaborate.

Thanks.

Sounds to me like your saying that your weapons are laying out on the benches so their world models are showing correct? They may be falling through the benches when the cell loads. Have you tried to place them in a container or place them a few units above the benches?

I defer to OriginOFPain.

Yes, very much not good. especially if there is no fix for it. Somehow i managed to get them laid out once, and that required me to place the weapons, save, load a different cell, save, reload the modified cell, and save. It worked, but seriously... we shouldnt have to root around so much. Hopefully someone has a legitimate FIX for this because now not even that works and i want to edit my damn armory...

I have done this type of thing successfully. For OriginOfPain, if I recall correctly, there were 3-5 "broken" models which were having this problem but the other (50?) models he used were fine.

Let's see if we can track down *why* some of OOP's models are broken, and let's see if ahztek666's problem is the same. OOP has discussed in this thread. OOP got messages like "missing or invalid base object".

@ OOP, did you find out anything about these few broken models?

@ ahztek666, do you get any error messages upon reloading your mod in geck? Are you using geck powerup, which allows geck to show many more error messages?

The assets from FalloutNV.esm are there but your new assets are not. Are your new assets and their placement both in the same ESP or are you using two plugins? As an example, Placement.esp with FalloutNV.esm and Assets.esp as masters will not save in GECK because GECK does not like plugins having ESPs as masters. NVEdit will save ESPs as masters but the easiest fix (especially for future editing) would be to place all of your assets in an ESM and make sure GECK is set to load multiple masters.

The only reason I bring it up is that using a plugin with an ESP as a master will produce the same results that you mention in your original post. You can load your multiple plugins in GECK, make and view changes, and even save your plugin. But when you exit GECK or reload your data files in GECK the non-vanilla content seems missing.