Objects disappearing in GECK after saving?

ahztek666

GECK does not like saving an ESP as a master to an ESP. Using FNVEdit, add that ESP as a master to your ESP. In the File Header of your ESP make sure that ESP is listed just below FalloutNV.esm in Master Files. Remove any master other than those two.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank you blove for the reply. I went back in opened geck opened BNB.esp added the cabinet, saved under my own esp. Closed Geck

Openeved FNVEdit, loaded only FalloutNV, BNB and my esp.

The error under my cell is still there.

I did a right click on my esp choose Add master, clicked on BNB, and saved.

Loaded My esp up again in FNVedit and it shows that both FalloutNV and BNB are masters, but sadly the error still remains.

not sure what I am doing wrong. but the base reference is getting lost i think.

Edit: I can alter the base ID in FNVedit to relefct the object from the BNB plugin. Then it works. The object appears in game.

it would seem to me that using other esp's as a reference material, whether a released plugin or a collection of resources will cause the same problem.

There has to be a easier way (within the GECK) other wise you have to add all the reference material into your own esp or be forced to add masters to esp files and then validate base ID's

Edited by Lorthien

• 3 weeks later...

Has a solution been found? I`m having the same problem as azhtek`s. I tried GECK PowerUp and when i open a cell (Horowitz farmstead - 000daccb) it pops up these:

MODELS: Could not get file for texture textures\character\mouth\mouthraider_n.dds.

ANIMATION: Bad note string "Sound: WPNBearClawWhoosh" frame 8 in "Characters\_Mate\h2hattack8_a.kf".

ANIMATION: Animation group note problem. See EditorWarnings.txt file.

After i place the container in the cell and try to save i get:

FORMS: Failed to CreateGroupData for CELL form 'SLAbandonedFarmstead' (000DACCB)

After i close geck powerup:

MODELS: ModelLoader still contains 7 NIF files.

When i open FNVEdit i have this:

http://i900.photobucket.com/albums/ac201/kaya47/error.png

In the messages tab:

Warning: Comparing sorted and unsorted entrie for "CELL \ DATA - Flags" in "SLAbandonedFarmstead [CELL:000DACCB] (in WastelandNV "Mojave Wasteland" [WRLD:000DA726] at -12,31)"

Warning: Comparing sorted and unsorted entrie for "CELL \ XNAM - Water Noise Texture" in "SLAbandonedFarmstead [CELL:000DACCB] (in WastelandNV "Mojave Wasteland" [WRLD:000DA726] at -12,31)"

Warning: Comparing sorted and unsorted entrie for "CELL \ DATA - Flags" in "SLAbandonedFarmstead [CELL:000DACCB] (in WastelandNV "Mojave Wasteland" [WRLD:000DA726] at -12,31)"

Warning: Comparing sorted and unsorted entrie for "CELL \ XNAM - Water Noise Texture" in "SLAbandonedFarmstead [CELL:000DACCB] (in WastelandNV "Mojave Wasteland" [WRLD:000DA726] at -12,31)"

• 9 months later...

I got this crap myself... I downloaded the BORG mod mainly for the green lights... and once I either re-launch GECK or test the mod in FO3 after saving everything...

''HEEEY! Where'd da friggen light GAO!??!''

Won't read it in. Gone. Lost. IRRELEVANT as the Borg would say. And now all the Zeta objects are gone too. And half my mod was using Zeta objects, so I sadly have to restart from crack-scratch. If someone knows why keep going BYE FREAKING BYE! I'd love to hear it.