General censorship of criticism.

SirRage

Hello everyone. Firstly, I'm not 100% sure this is the right place but it fitted better than the other topics I saw. Feel free to tell me were this should be and I'll do what I can to correct it.

So, I spent last night playing a mod for fallout: new Vegas. I'm not going to say which mod, I don't want to start a witch hunt or anything. I played this mod for about four or five hours and effectively finished it, so I decided to write a "Review" (It was three in the morning so inverted commas needed). This review was polite, going on at length about the mods strengths before starting with some criticism. The next day I decided to check up on it and Boom,"The author of this mod has blocked your access to this file" . Do note, this isn't a topic begging for access or shouting at the site in general. I know that it isn't in the hands of nexus staff any more. I'm just wondering if this is a disconnected issue. I've sent a message to the mod author (Again, quite polite) asking about it I've had no joy with that so far. So, is this just a one off incident or does this happen a lot? I was quite surprised when it happened, the mod seemed well made and the author seemed quite mature but I guess appearances can be deceiving.

Thanks for your time.

@Jokerine (I don't know how replies work on this system, sorry)

Yep. Kinda annoyed about it. I took about an hour to write, an extra 20 minutes to comb over for spelling errors and unbalanced lines. Still. I'm saying no names and I encourage you to do the same.

They just did actually. I got a 20 line rant about how perhaps the mod was too good for me and, I quote, "I didn't like what you said so I reported you". Guess that isn't getting resolved then.

Sorry to hear about your bad experience x_x Some mod authors just can't handle it. Most of the mods I used, however, generally have well-tempered authors and are open to criticism and such =P Just a few bad apples in the batch.

(Still don't know how replies work, Google has no answers..)

It's a shame really, the rest of the sites users seem so polite. I'm going to write another review (If you can call it that) eventually, once I find something that I have enough opinions on to make it worth it.

(Edited to rephrase for clarity, Didn't mean to come off as if I was hunting for things to shout about, Sorry)

Edited by SirRage

No, I just want recommendations, I'm not hunting for something to complain about, Just something I can look at. I didn't get this mod for the express purpose of complaining but by the end I felt I had enough opinions (Positive and negative) to say something . I used to be a casual writer, I know how important constructive criticism can be to the growth and improvement of the product and the author.