Battle for Whiterun

saurusmaximus

How does one go about advancing the Civil War quest Battle for Whiterun with the console? My game is bugged where at the end of Message to Whiterun, I return to Balgruf and then am instructed to talk to Legate Cipius, however Cipius will never talk to me. I can complete the quest with the console, but then Battle for Whiterun never starts. The problem is, Battle for Whiterun uses the blanket CWSiegeObj quest id so I need to know what the additional parameters are to get things moving again. Also, I'm not currently using CWO.

You could just use commands to start the next quest in the CW questline and just ignore the Battle of Whiterun quest, but I don't know how you would advance the actual battle of whiterun quest.

That's just it, I don't want to cheat my way through the whole thing. It's not a big deal if I don't get it working, I already went through on the Stromcloak side before, I was just thinking I should do the Imperial side just to say I did.

Whenever I play the Civil War quest line (either side) quests always seem to bug where someone either doesn't talk or hasn't got the required conversation. The fix that has always worked for me is to move away from whomever it is you are supposed to talk to (go outside, not inside), save the game, fast travel to the farthest point from where you are (but not into a city), fast travel back. This has never failed to fix the NPC so they have the required conversation and allow the quest line to advance.

Hope it works for you.

• 3 weeks later...

Whenever I play the Civil War quest line (either side) quests always seem to bug where someone either doesn't talk or hasn't got the required conversation. The fix that has always worked for me is to move away from whomever it is you are supposed to talk to (go outside, not inside), save the game, fast travel to the farthest point from where you are (but not into a city), fast travel back. This has never failed to fix the NPC so they have the required conversation and allow the quest line to advance.

Hope it works for you.

Well, that didn't work either. I'm wondering if I bugged it somehow because I didn't do the main quest yet. I know it shouldn't matter, but well, you know...

No, I didn't use CWO. You have to at least do the thing at the Western Watchtower and Farengar's quest before you can do anything CW related; which I did. I'm thinking I might have a load-order issue as I was talking to Ysolda and she didn't give me the mammoth tusk quest, which is a sure sign something isn't right. <sigh> Looks like it's troubleshooting time.