• Premium Member
  • 778 posts
Oh my God, he's human!

Imperialmodder

Imperialmodder

Fan

• Premium Member
  • 314 posts
WELCOME TO CALI MAN!! I HOPE YOU ENJOYED YOUR TIME AT MY HOME TOWN!

neburie

neburie

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 91 posts
oh my...
NOT YELLOW!!!

nouserhere

nouserhere

Fan

• Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 261 posts
California has every geological feature, in the world, all in one state.
And the highest and lowest point in the continental United states, in the same county.
Yep, plenty of interesting features.

Edited by nouserhere, 03 January 2011 - 11:46 AM.

Amazingchopin

Amazingchopin

Faithful poster

• Account closed
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,650 posts
OMG, you went to the Golden Bridge! That's so awesome :D

Xirifus

Xirifus

Enthusiast

• Premium Member
  • 167 posts

oh my...
NOT YELLOW!!!

This plus your avatar just made me laugh. ^^

Edited by Xirifus, 03 January 2011 - 04:27 PM.

SoberBarn

SoberBarn

Fan

• Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 471 posts
America lacks history? I'm almost offended. Based on what you said about having every nationality imaginable, doesn't that mean America can claim all of those histories along with it, plus its own. For what is a nation but a collective of people?

ub3rman123

ub3rman123

Like a trained monkey. Without the training.

• Premium Member
  • 5,503 posts

America lacks history? I'm almost offended. Based on what you said about having every nationality imaginable, doesn't that mean America can claim all of those histories along with it, plus its own. For what is a nation but a collective of people?

I believe he meant as in visible history. America has millions of pages of actual history, but little of it is seen strolling down the megalopolis. Compared to England, we don't have nearly as many historic buildings or 300 year-old monuments. Time is all it takes, though.

Herculine

Herculine

NEKOMANCER

• Supporter
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,914 posts

I believe he meant as in visible history. America has millions of pages of actual history, but little of it is seen strolling down the megalopolis. Compared to England, we don't have nearly as many historic buildings or 300 year-old monuments. Time is all it takes, though.

Agreed. Architecturally, ours is among the youngest countries in the world. European countries are rivaled by only a few other areas of the world in their ancient architecture.

EDIT: Perhaps I meant to say "historic" rather than "ancient"...

Edited by Herculine, 03 January 2011 - 05:43 PM.

Thandal

Thandal

Faithful Kobold Companion

• Moderators
  • 23,176 posts
Whenever I see (fellow) Americans talking about how old (or young) the US is, I am reminded of the time I was travelling on business in central Germany. On the city limits sign for the small village where I had a meeting, I saw a little banner about the community festival that weekend.

They were celebrating the town's Twelve-Hundredth Anniversary! :laugh:

IPB skins by Skinbox
Page loaded in: 1.173 seconds