How do I open fev/ fsb files? (For language change in audio files))

I want to edit some existing mod. There is a little dialogue in English in it. I want to change it in the german version.

That's what I yet managed:

- I've found the audio files in English (format: wav.mp3) by extracting the .fbs file in wav.mp3 files for this scene.

- I've found the fitting files in German (format: wav.mp3) in some folder named "vo" in "audio" in the original game files ...

That's what I'm planning:

- I want to open the .fsb file (It's an archive file, which means that it includes some kind of meta communication/ director's orders about how the game should use the named audio files in it.). Actually I succeeded just a few days before in opening it, but unfortunately I've forgotten how to do.

- I want to replace the english audio files (wav.mp3 files) with the german ones. (No idea wether this method will work at all...)

Now I'm searching for a program that opens a .fsb file and or a .fev file.

The programs "File Viewer" and demo version of "File View Pro" don't work with it at all. FMOD Studio 1.06.02 only gives a kind of short flash to look at it and let it disappear again immediately.

Any hint would be appreciated!

From what you're describing, you don't need to open the fsb files, you need to process .wav files through the toolset and override the existing fsb. Even if you aren't replacing every .wav file, I still think you need to process the .wav to create a new/updated fsb file. The link below is a starting point....

http://social.bioware.com/wiki/datoolset/index.php/Voice_over