A little .dds and texture help request

EightLights

Hey guys~

I just picked up a Skyrim mod for glowing eyes at http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/21232 and decided to edit the texture in photoshop to get that colour I was after.

So, I start up photoshop, do the recoulor and load it into the game, but instead of guetting a nice glowing white iris, I get this pinkish one - Fail.

I'm not really a noob in photoshop or modding but I don't usually mess around with .dds files or alpha layers

Any help?

Here's what I'm getting:

You changed the color texture, to change the glow you have to change "Emmisive color" under the bslightingshaderproperty of the .nif , or if you don't know how to use nifskope, change those textures ending with _g, those control the glow, plus you should not remove all the detail of the eye, if all you want is change color then adjust hue.

Well, I went back to the original electric green eye I was recolouring, changed the saturation of both the dawneye(12) and dawneye(12)_g and the only thing that changed was the intencity of the pink

I also noticed that trying to colour black will come out as red, and the alpha layer instead of being black and white is black and red, don't know if that's relavant
Edited by EightLights

You should change hue not saturation.

Alpha cannot be black and red (is a single channel, so black/white) is just that if you display both rgb and alpha instead of alpha (in the channels tab everything with the eye) then photoshop shows it red but doesn't matter, the alpha is actually black/white.

Oh, sorry didn't read you were trying to make it white, thought you wanted to change the color, yeah for that desaturate the glow map (_g) you may then want to adjust brightness, if it is still being colored then you need to open it in nifskope and change the emmisive color.

read this: http://forums.nexusmods.com/index.php?/topic/1188259-bslightingshaderproperty-basics/ for more info on the glow thing in nifskope.

Edited by FrankFamily