• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

Pinkertonius

Pinkertonius

Enthusiast

• Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 192 posts
After doing so much texture testing in Arena, I finally broke down and created what I believe to be the best possible TES:Arena key layout for Dosbox.

TES:Arena Remapped is a custom mapper.txt file to modernize Arena's controls while maintaining the ability to easily enter text. 

FEATURES

• Full WASD movement controls (arrow key and numpad movement unaltered)
  • Slide left and right keys (Q,E)
  • Dedicated World Map, Long Jump, and Quick Cast keys
  • Most keys moved for ease of access and to mirror modern Bethesda games (e.g. quick cast is C and ready weapon is F)
  • While L ALT is held down all keys revert to original keys for entering text. Releasing L ALT returns them to the new control scheme.
  • Handy keyboard JPEG showing the new controls (also linked below).
  • Here is an image of the keyboard layout... https://www.dropbox....Layout.png?dl=0

I have uploaded the file on both Nexusmods and Moddb.

http://www.moddb.com...-arena-remapped

Nexus Pending....

- Martin

P.S. It works REALLY well.

blove

blove

Faithful poster

• Premium Member
  • 2,136 posts

Thanks!

loornlee

loornlee

Stranger

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

EXcELLENTTT!!!!!

ill try it tonight ^^  

ShadowObscura

ShadowObscura

Stranger

• Premium Member
  • 9 posts

I just downloaded Arena and I'd like to use this, but it doesn't seem to be working for me. I placed the mapper.txt in the DOSBox folder as directed, but the controls in game aren't changed. Please help, I don't understand what I'm doing wrong.

corrosivechains

corrosivechains

Journeyman

• Members
  • Pip
  • 39 posts

I'm wondering how would I switch it so the slide/strafe keys would be A and D, while making the Q and R keys the turning keys?

zorrorenoal

zorrorenoal

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts

Excellent !!!

Very good

JoePod

JoePod

Stranger

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

I tried doing this many times, I have downloaded the game with Dos-box from the Bethesda website and have tried putting the mapper text file into the correct place but it does not work. Any help would be appreciated. 

Pinkertonius

Pinkertonius

Enthusiast

• Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 192 posts

JoePod, 

That is because the Bethesda download doesn't include DosBox which is required to get it to run in any environment that isn't DOS. Look here  for the "fully loaded" download then add my mapper file to the root directory.

Martin

CapivaraColossal

CapivaraColossal

Stranger

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

I just downloaded Arena and I'd like to use this, but it doesn't seem to be working for me. I placed the mapper.txt in the DOSBox folder as directed, but the controls in game aren't changed. Please help, I don't understand what I'm doing wrong.

i want too

kthompsen

kthompsen

Enthusiast

• Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 248 posts

Get a copy of Arena from UESP first and foremost. It's the best version. Then just drag this mapper in the main Arena directory.

http://en.uesp.net/wiki/Arena:Files

Also get it's copy of Daggerfall while you're at it. It's also the best version.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: arena, the elder scrolls, modernized controls

Page loaded in: 0.934 seconds