ENB files causing CTD?

TransnerferN7

For referance I never got as far as actually installing an enb, I never actually INTENDED to use an enb, just needed these files for tamriel reloaded HD.

So anyway, I move d3d9.dll and enghost to skyrim main directory, nothing odd there. Launch the game, all seems fine. Get to menu, ENB text thingy appears. Hit play, and BOOM CTD. Im certain that its these enb files that are causing it. Now i've come across a couple possible solutions. One is to try the injector version, but that looks WAAAY too complex for me. Second is to install directx runtime, which does...something to help. Third, make sure that programs like MSI afterburner AREN'T running at the time as they interfere somehow.

Can i get any confirmation that any of these solutions work, as this has really caused the 'modding train' to grind to a painful halt.

I'm hardly an expert here since my machine hates enbs (odd since it's a reasonably powerful rig) but one thing I have figured out; if you're also running Skyrim Startup Memory Editor: It's not compatible with enbs. That's as best i can tell anyway. The main enb dll seems to try to do the same memory management for you, and if you use both; kablam.

That's about the extent of my experience with enbs. I'm sure somebody smarter than me can come along with other options and maybe even correct mine, lol.