Movement speed doubled, normal in combat

manlyMAN0890

I have a specific issue with movement speed. It's doubled. However, while in combat, it's normal. Whatever the problem is seems to mess with my movement speeds in combat and outside of combat.

When in third or fourth stage, the bonuses are applied as normal to my character's speed, but entering combat reduces 100 off the top. Using the player.modav command to reduce it to default puts the value at 0 during combat, which seemingly has no effect(probably defaulting to 100), but in the third or fourth stage, the -100 puts the speedmult at 10-20, which then dramatically reduces my speed to almost nothing, practically overencumbered or less.

I have Better Vampires installed. I have tried resetting vampirism. I looked up the frost damage 'group of effects' to use the player.removespell command for each frost spell's corresponding ID variant(includes ice wraith cloak damage). I wasn't sure if that was a solution, but I tried it. I have done this in combat as well. I've completed every step to remove the mod when upgrading(including .bat file). I've done everything short of uninstalling SKSE or Skyrim.

I've used the speedmult value with player.setav, modav, and forceav. as the 'getav' command will show me, none of them work and setav seems to do nothing.

I am at my wit's end. I can just avoid combat and stay in the first or second stage of vampirism at all times(which I have no trouble doing), but I'm going to want to be at the third-fourth stage when I want have real fun with being a powerful vampire.

Mods and load order:

Not in list, but bear mentioning: SKSE, Save Game Cleaner, TES5Edit

update.esm

USKP.esp

Dawnguard.esm

UDGP.esp

Hearthfires.esm

UHFP.esp

Dragonborn.esm

UDBP.esp

TKChildren.esm

HighResTexpack01.esp

HighResTexpack02.esp

HighResTexpack03.esp

BrawlBugsCE.esp

AOS.esp

04CombatMusicStop.esp

AdditionalMusicProject.esp

CuttingRoomFloor.esp

Chesko_WearableLantern.esp

hdplants+herbs.esp

Immersive Creatures.esp

Immersive Creatures - DLC2.esp

RaceMenu.esp

RaceMenuPlugin.esp

SkyUI.esp

Lefthandrings.esp

Lefthandrings - Dawnguard.esp

UnderC.esp

ERSO 4.2 Mighty Durnevir.esp

ERSO 09 Vendor Trainer Quest-giver protected uskp.esp

ERSO 30 Better Enemy AI Dawnguard&Dragonborn.esp

ERSO 30.1 Better Expert Level.esp

ArmorDisguises.esp

Run For Your Lives.esp

When Vampires attack.esp

DynamicMerchants.esp

Guard Dialogue Overhaul.esp

Headtracking.esp

Less Talkative NPCs Release v1.esp

noblur.esp

no recruitment.esp

OMage Standalone Pack.esp

Skyfalls Skymills DG DB.esp

Enhanced Blood Main.esp

Dragonborn Dawnguard EBT Patch.esp

Reduced SPlatter Size.esp

Theieves Guild Requirements.esp

Waterbreathing Breathless Emerge.esp

EnhancedLightsandFX.esp

ELFX Exteriors.esp

ELFX Enhancer.esp

Realistic Needs Diseases.esp

RND Dawnguard Patch.esp

RND Hearthfires Patch.esp

RND Dragonborn Patch.esp

RND USKP Patch.esp

Brevi Moonlight Tales.esp

Deadly Spell IMpacts.esp

FNIS Spells.esp

Dance of Death Ultimate Edition.esp

SkyXP.esp

Lovely HairstylesLITE.esp

Vendor SaleDelay-Gone.esp

reduced distance npc greetings.esp

Marriagemod alpha v3.esp

amazingfollowertweaks.esp

Realistic Ragdoll Force - Realistic.esp

Better Vampires.esp <-------------version 6.7 only dirty edits in whole setup - required to run properly

Dynamic Timescale.esp

VL No AoE drain.esp

Purewaters.esp

RND Purewaters-Patch.esp

GreenWaterfix v2withDawnguard.esp

JKs Skyrim.esp

AOS Reduced Reverb Addon.esp

Immersive Scars.esp

Lieyes v1.o.esp

RaceMenuPLuginXPMSE.esp

AOS2 EBT Patch.esp

AOS2 DSI Patch.esp

AOS2 GDO Patch.esp

No Spinning Death Animation Merged.esp

Dragon Stalking Fix.esp

AoM sacrificial hunter.esp

Serana Dialogue Edit.esp

armorbalance.esp

Prometheus no snow under the roof.esp

No snow under the roof CRF patch.esp

TKChildren DB.esp

TKChildren HF.esp

TKChildren V.esp

SMIM FarmhouseFlickeringFix.esp

SMIM DragonbornTernFix.esp

SMIM ShackRoofFixes.esp

SMIM ShackRoofFixesDragonborn.esp

SMIM FurnitureChestSnowFix.esp

SMIM DungeonsCliffsIceSkirts.esp

MarkedForDeath Restored.esp

Immersive Sounds Compenium.esp

ISCompendium AOS Patch.esp

ISCompendium Enhanced Blood Patch.esp

chfshPlayer Voicesets.esp

Brynjolf_vulnerable.esp

zzArmorMashups.esp

UniqueDogs.esp

Isran.esp

Dual Sheath Redux.esp

Dual SHeath Redux Patch.esp

Bashed Patch.esp

Warburg's 3d ppr world map texture 2.esp

warburg's 3dppr world map dawnguard.esp

My brother uses Better Vampires, but I don't, and from what I've seen in his game and from what he's told me about it, you have a Vampiric Power of sorts that allows you to move at full speed while the world around you moves at half-speed or less (like Slow Time that doesn't affect the player). You also get anhanced attributes like Jump height and Run Speed.

Based on your description, it's likely that something in that mod is misbehaving, or an Ability is being misinterpreted as a problem.

I don't believe it is Better Vampires, but the speed bonuses granted at the 3rd/4th stages of vampirism helped me figure out that my character was using two different speeds, one in combat and one outside of combat. WIthout that, I would've never known. That power you're describing is "Blink", and I've never once used it.

I believe the problem must have happened after I was hit with a frost spell and started sprinting to mitigate the speed reduction, and for a while I didn't realize I wasn't supposed to be able to move as fast as I was while cursed with vampirism. I downloaded and installed a fix that forces the game to recalculate movement speed during and after the frost group magic effect ends, but I have yet to test it in-game. Until then, I'll have to be content with starting over - I accidentally hit delete on all of my then-current character's save files without the steam sync/backup turned on(a long time ago, it got annoying trying to permanently delete files I didn't want, what do you want form me?).

That file is called "Frost Magic BugFixes".

I will post the results of that testing if the problem persists, or if it consistently fails to proc. For a few days though, I'll be content with playing catch-up for a bit to deal with my frustration. I'm sure you understand.