Vampire Survival

Pokora

Correct me if I'm wrong here, I don't think I've seen any proper vampire survival mods. I was playing my game with Chesko's Frostfall, and after turning into a vampire, it feels like it losts some depth. It's natural that I don't feel cold, sure. But vampires should be hurt by sun a bit more than just impeding regens. I believe a system similar to frostfall would be great, with a bar loading the longer you stay in sunlight. Dependent on weather; cloudy weather could make it progress slower and clear sky would make it go normal. Hiding in interiors would 'cool it down'. Debuffs (and visual impairments) to certain skills the longer you're in sunlight. With speed extremely dropping when bar gets almost full and eventually burning to death.

I believe it's doable, feels very similar to Frostfall. Feedback?

• 1 month later...

Problem is if people use mods like better vampires where the sun not only damages regain abilities but causes damage overtime. also the thing is the type of vampires in Skyrim lorewise arn't really that badly effected by sunlight.

Edited by tx12001

Problem is if people use mods like better vampires where the sun not only damages regain abilities but causes damage overtime. also the thing is the type of vampires in Skyrim lorewise arn't really that badly effected by sunlight.

True, but people hardly know that. I personally love that huge set back of being a vampire even if it not right lore wise.

• 7 months later...

i still cant find a mod that increases sun damage. Weirdly, it's only thousands of mods to remove it, and every single one of them does the same crap. Do people even know how vampirism should work at all?? Where's the fun in being a vampire without being forced to walk at night?