I don't know if this is the correct place for this, sorry.

Anyway, I wanted to make a mod that featured a laser gun cobbled together from various items across the wasteland. Part of it was to feature the, for lack of a better term, "tubing" of the Enclave power armor.

I set up the mesh in Blender. I then loaded Enclave power armor .dds with Image Texture. I didn't need to unwrap the UV map, it was just fine the way it was. But, upon importing the mesh into Nifskope as a .obj or a .3ds, the texture does not appear and nothing I do can make it appear for some reason.

The worst part is, I already accomplished this successfully six months ago. Now, however, it's been so long that I don't remember how I did it.

I don't know if this is a sign that things have gotten worse, but, the little purple flowers and the brshader texture set slots on my other nifskope saves have disappeared. I don't know why or how to get them back. Still, my main problem is that I can't get that texture to appear. Would downloading blender 2.49 help? If so, where could I find it?

As far as I know, only 2.49 can import and export nifs.

Everything you'll need is here: http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout3/mods/30/?

NifSkope doesn't handle .obj very well (UV and textures issues).

There's a setting in the menu (Render or View, you have to look) for displaying in Tree view, that should help for the purple flower.

Thank you. I'm going to check out that link as soon as I get home. As for the tree view, I think I may have already tried that last night but it didn't work. At any rate, I'll let you know if either of these things works as soon as I can.

Well, I downloaded the stuff at the link. Unfortunately, I couldn't open my .blend file from the 2.73 version of blender in my 2.49 version. Also, the option to export the file as a nif doesn't appear, even though I downloaded and installed the scripts for it.

Not being able to open a file made with a newer version in an older version is something to be expected. (maybe via a .3Ds, as workaround)

I had trouble to install Blender myself, I had to make several tries. I know for sure it has to be installed in a certain order. Described here: http://niftools.sourceforge.net/wiki/Blender

I don't know how it'll act with another version installed.

If you intend to use Blender for modeling for FO3 or NV, then V 2.49b will allow you to import and export nif.

I don't know for other games.

I'm afraid I can't really help more ...

Edited by Guest

Not being able to open a file made with a newer version in an older version is something to be expected. (maybe via a .3Ds, as workaround)

I had trouble to install Blender myself, I had to make several tries. I know for sure it has to be installed in a certain order. Described here: http://niftools.sourceforge.net/wiki/Blender

I don't know how it'll act with another version installed.

If you intend to use Blender for modeling for FO3 or NV, then V 2.49b will allow you to import and export nif.

I don't know for other games.

I'm afraid I can't really help more ...

I appreciate all the help you have given. Thank you.