T/C Contender Mod - Barrels for days

DMagnus

T/C Contender Barrels   

2 members have voted

1. 1. Do you wanna have individual barrels for each caliber, or just 3 universal barrels that would take all pistol, rifle or shotgun ammo?

• Yes, gimmie individual barrels for each caliber!
    • Nah, gimmie the 3 universal barrels.

Ookay everybody, I've been chipping away lately at my upcoming T/C Contender mod. I still have a fair bit of texture work to do, but I wanted to see what folk would like outta this, so I has a poll up here for your delectation.

Right now the 3-barrel setup is implemented. For clarity, the way it is now is that there are three "universal" barrels that take all of a certain ammo type. One takes all pistol ammo (9mm, 10mm, etc), the other all rifle ammo, and the last all shotgun ammo. You switch the barrels around to make the Contender fire within those three categories.

The other option is individual barrels for each caliber. This means that you'd be able to make your Contender fire a specific caliber by switching barrels. This is the more "immersive"/realistic route, but would mean more work for me in the GECK since I'll have to set the whole crafting network up. But, if that's what folk want then I'll by all means do it, it'll just mean a bit of a delay.

So, place your votes or leave your 2 cents if you'd rather, and we'll see how this goes!

If you go the "universal" route, how would that work? Only asking because I -might- throw together a CaliberX patch for shits and grins.

My inner realism Nazi wants the "barrels for days" option, but the part of me that has modding experience knows that'll be a massive time-suck, so I'm leaning towards the universal option out of laziness and simplicity,

Well, basically how the "universal" route works (which is what's currently implemented) is that there's essentially 3 Contenders; one uses all the pistol ammo, the other all the rifle, and the last all the shotgun. The "default" Contender is the one that uses pistol ammo. You switch to one of the three using the barrels, which are three misc items that are used at a workbench along with the Contender (and a pencil, for pushing out the hinge pin) to switch it to one of the aforementioned 3.

Since each Contender uses its own ammo formlist, you can switch calibers on the fly, so if you're using the Pistol Contender and you're low on, say, 9mm, you can switch to 10mm by pressing whatever your ammo-switching key is. The drawback is that the damage dealt by the Contender is standardized, so each caliber does the same amount of damage (unless it has modifiers).