Needing help with a peculiar little bug - Candlelight invisible in menu

allomerus

Hello ladies and gentlelen!

I've run across a very silly little bug, of small if inconsequential magnitude, that's finally managed to gnaw at my nervous system ferociously enough to force me to bring it to your attention.

Basically, 99,9% of all spells I have learned worked correctly, but now that I have learned the Candlelight spell, I simply cannot see it in the spell menu. It's not in Alteration, or in any other school (Cuz I checked...).

I cannot learn it again from spell tomes either, that SkyUI shows as "already-read".

I tried using the "player.addspell 43324" command, but it does not add it - because the game thinks I already have it.

I then used the "Player removespell 43324", then used the console command to obtain the spell book. I was able to consume it, a message told me I learned the spell... and I couldn't find it in the menu either.

I then used the "Player removespell 43324", THEN the "player.addspell 43324" commands, to no avail, same results.

I CAN, however, use "Player.equipspell 43324 left" etc. to EQUIP the spell, so not only do I know it, but the game also acknowledges its existence. I can use it normally once equipped, gain skillups from it, etc.

Please keep in mind that mine is a heavily modded game, but I had quite a few characters run on my config, all of which had learned the darn spell without any trouble...

Does anyone know any script command that would give me a chance to see the spell's face in the menu? I tried to google solutions for that specific issue, but to no avail.

I'm unfamiliar with the way menus work in Skyrim, so I'd like to have someone's opinion before I wreck a level 45 character's files in a pathetic attempt to fix one silly problem.

You mean like, there's no magic hat for it in menus?

I don't know what you mean by "magic hat", but basically, as I scroll through my spell list in the magic menu (where I normally can select other spells, click on them, see their spell cost and whatnot), the spell is absolutely absent, there's no icon, no line of text saying "Candlelight", nothing.

My menu basically behaves like I do not know the spell, while whatever instance that tracks which spells we know actually records that I have learned it "properly".

Thanks for answering so fasr, btw :)

Hey allomerus,

This is a load order problem. You've got at least 2 mods in your list that change or add magic spells to your game. Simply put them both together in the magic list as such.

1] Midas Magic

2] Hogwarts Stuffs

and switch them around

1] Hogwarts Stuffs

2] Midas Magics

This should solve your problem. If it's not solving your issue then move both further down the list. Finally if this isn't sorting your issue then my guess would be that one of the mods is changing a value on the spell. Load up the CK and load only the Skyrim.esm, find the spell and make a note/ take a screenshot of it's values. Then load up each of your Magic Mods one at a time and find the spell again to confirm the values. Make changes as necessary.

MS.

Hey allomerus,

This is a load order problem. You've got at least 2 mods in your list that change or add magic spells to your game. Simply put them both together in the magic list as such.

1] Midas Magic

2] Hogwarts Stuffs

and switch them around

1] Hogwarts Stuffs

2] Midas Magics

This should solve your problem. If it's not solving your issue then move both further down the list. Finally if this isn't sorting your issue then my guess would be that one of the mods is changing a value on the spell. Load up the CK and load only the Skyrim.esm, find the spell and make a note/ take a screenshot of it's values. Then load up each of your Magic Mods one at a time and find the spell again to confirm the values. Make changes as necessary.

MS.

Thanks for the answer!

I'll try and go fiddle with this. The only two mods I use that alter magic are PerMa and Apocalypse. I let MO and LOOT do the work.

Problem might stem from Apocalypse, since it's one of the last I installed, but ironically all the other light spells (basic magelight, magelight, torchlight, sunlight) work as intended... that's quite silly.

That being said, I'm a tad afraid to toy with a load order so "loaded", especially if it's related to PerMa's relationship with other mods.

I'll keep ye informed ig anything comes out of this.

Hey allomerus,

I can definitely understand not wanting to mess with Load Order, but a simple solution is write down the numbers they were in the Load Order. So even if you move them you can put them back. Also as long as they remain relatively close to where they were, there shouldn't be any major issues. As far as I know they should both be above PerMa in the Load Order yes? If that's the case then you can move them as long as they both remain above PerMa in the Load Order. Let us know if this resolves your issue, so others having this problem may benefit the solution.

MS.

If it's a load order issue (And I believe you), then I don't know with what it's conflicting. Regardless of where I put Apocalypse (before, after, a lightyear to the left of PerMa), Candlelight and Candlelight alone dosen't show. It's still functional, as I said, it's equipable from the console, but the menus just don't know nothing.

Tried messing with Enhanced Lights and FX, still the same problem.

Only change my attempts brought was aggravating lag...

Maybe I'll try to overwrite that issue entirely with a separate esp fix for magelight-like spells in ENB situations (just realizing that Sunlight and the like are not behaving correctly with my END)

Try opening your spell mods in tes5edit (including perma mage and patchus) and search for the candlelight spell, see what the changes are you'll probably find one of them changes it badly.

Edited by Noortje