where is the override folder in Dragon age ultimate Edition

docfraiser

@BAWolf112;

You mention THREE directories where you found an "\override" folder. That seems very odd, there should only be two. And the only one you care about, the one mod authors mean when they talk about "Putting the files in your \override folder" is:

C:\users\<username>\documents\bioware\Dragon Age\packages\core\override

NOTE: The first portion of that path (up to "\bioware") might vary slightly for you. Depends on where your user files are stored, (doesn't have to be "C:\users\<username>", although you would have had to change it yourself at some point) and what OS you're using (WinXP called it "My Documents", Win7 and later just calls it "Documents") etc. But in any case, it'll be under the same folder where you can find the "\bioware\Dragon Age\Characters" folder (which contains your saves.)

• 5 years later...

Ok,, I have just upgraded and when I try loading a save it does not see anything from the override,,

In which 'Documents/My Documents/Bioware/Dragon Age' folder are your Dragon Age Origins saves and settings, and your installed dazip mod files? That's the path that the game will use for the override. That's the only override folder that should be used for mods, unless a mod's installation instructions specify another folder. (I can only think of one mod that does so.)

[DRIVE LETTER]:\Users\[uSERNAME]\Documents\BioWare\Dragon Age\packages\core\override

is the pathing for Windows 10... the DRIVELETTER and USERNAME are system specific, but the former is usually C:\, unless you've moved the default Windows Documents folder to another drive.

Note that for a newly installed game, the override folder may not yet exist, until the game has been run once or the folder has been created manually.

Edited by theskymoves

Mine is D: drive as are all my Origin games are and where my Original DA was(From the day it came out) I even moved the

Override around,, I am wondering as to making that path and shoving it there,, though it would be the only directory for DA.

The game has two Dragon Age folders associated with it.

There's the game install location , which contains the program files and assets to run the game. Don't install override mods to that location.

Then there's the data folder for the game, which is located, as mentioned previously, in the Windows Documents folder. That folder contains save files, game settings, and is where you would install mods.

The two Dragon Age folders are not necessarily on the same drive.

Edited by theskymoves

Yeah I know from years of modded play,, But this Origin Upgrade has stopped the Override stuff loading.. Just the dazip atuff that was used is in game.

You should start a new topic, rather than piggy-backing off of this older discussion, since your issue is not the same as a simple "where is the override folder".