CPUZ - PC Spec Program

Demon88

this program is freeware, and it tells why what you have on your computer. there is a long list of information, but i find it easy to use.

CPUZ

it says everything from what your motherboard is to how hot your CPU is

From Wikipedia (I couldn't get the quote name to show up right).

CPU-Z is a freeware system profiler application for Microsoft Windows that detects the central processing unit, RAM, motherboard, and other features of a modern personal computer, and presents the information in one window. CPU-Z is more in-depth in some areas than the features that Windows XP provides to identify various hardware components, and is thus needed to identify certain components without opening the case, especially the core revision and RAM clock rate.

Handy! Thanks. Worth pinning methinks... edited the topic title so it's a bit clearer what this is about.

Now I finally know what bandwidth my RAM is. ^^

Now I finally know what bandwidth my RAM is. ^^

And maybe this thing can recognise my graphics card... It always says RADEON 9500 PRO/9700 for me, no matter what program I use. So I wonder what it really is: 9500 PRO or 9700! :mellow:

• 7 months later...
And maybe this thing can recognise my graphics card... It always says RADEON 9500 PRO/9700 for me, no matter what program I use. So I wonder what it really is: 9500 PRO or 9700! :mellow:

actually, your issue there might be more of a hardware issue. the 9xxx series had an infamous little secret. certain cards (like the 9550 and 9600) were the exact same physical card, just factory downclocked and given a different BIOS (and sold at a different price).

if your card wasn't a 9xxx series card, i wouldn't suggest that this is why nothing will tell you which card it is. but it very well might be.

ps: if this is the case and you have a 9500 pro, you might be able to softmod it to a 9700 and get more power for less risk then overclocking.

or it might just be a driver issue

sorry if this is considered off topic

• 5 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...
  • 5 months later...

You might also be interested in PC Wizard 2008, which has even more great features:

PC WIZARD 2008 is a powerful utility designed especially for detection of hardware, but also some more analysis. It's able to identify a large scale of system components and supports the latest technologies and standards.

PC WIZARD 2008 is also an utility designed to analyze and benchmark your computer system. It can analyze and benchmark many kinds of hardware, such as CPU performance, Cache performance, RAM performance, Hard Disk performance, CD/DVD-ROM performance, Removable/FLASH Media performance, Video performance, MP3 compression performance.

The developer is currently working on the 2009 Version.

PC Wizard will also be part of the Windows Control Panel.

Link: PC Wizard