Become a Bandit Leader

soching1

Hi all,

Apart from being able to become an assassin, the archmage, and leader of thieves guild,

player can now choose to become a bandit leader!

The mod should not be difficult to create; however, I know nothing about scripting and that sort of thing.

1. Brief description:

• After killing every bandit in a camp and defeating a bandit leader, the Dragonborn can choose to take the camp become the bandit leader him/herself.
  • A steward/assistant can be hired for the camp (for the further decoration of the camp or for recruiting new bandits)
  • The payment is rewarding (100 gold per day Or a certain income of ore per week).
  • Of course there will be quite a high bounty on the pc's head and there will be random attack from the Hold guards.
  • Followers can be turned into the camp guard and patrol the camp for the player.

2. More Details:

• To keep things simple, not all camps can be occupied, only one camp or few can the player become leader
  • Player can rescue a prisoner imprisoned by the original bandit leader; later, the prisoner can be hired as the camp steward to thank you for saving him
  • At most 5 bandits can be hired (one merchant, one blacksmith, one mage, etc.) by persuasion, intimidating, luring with gold or kidnapping
  • From time to time, a courier will send you letters telling you that guards are attacking your camp and the camp need the your help. Upon your arrival, an mini battle between bandits from your camp and guards will be triggered.
  • Player can now kidnap citizens from cities or settlement and ask for ransom. The player can consult with the steward about whom to kidnap(just like planning a robbery in GTA V) and then a quest will be triggered (e.g. Quest started: Kidnap Nazeem)(of course, only those inconsequential npcs will be target to avoid bug)

• 2 years later...
  • 10 months later...
  • 7 months later...

Hello :)

This sounds like an interesting idea. Maybe the player can kill a bandit leader of a camp/fort/dingeon and if there will be any bandits who survived (the player must kill the bandit leader first, so some bandits will remain in the camp) the player could intimidate or bribe them to recognize you as their new leader?

Then they'll all become potential followers and a new custom world event will be triggered: A bandit arrives at your camp and asks to join you because his camp was slaughtered.

And you can assign jobs to bandits (like in the mod that lets you start a guild), so they can rob people (a source of income for the guild), harvest ingridients and food, make skooma etc.

And you can assign one of them to be a builder, so you can purchase camp fortifications from him.

I think that this will be very difficult to implement for every bandit hideout in the vanilla Skyrim, so I think that it should be limited to just a few caves/forts/camps.

Maybe one cave (preferably the one with mammoth poachers in Whiterun hold), one fort and one camp in the wilderness?

Hello :smile:

This sounds like an interesting idea. Maybe the player can kill a bandit leader of a camp/fort/dingeon and if there will be any bandits who survived (the player must kill the bandit leader first, so some bandits will remain in the camp) the player could intimidate or bribe them to recognize you as their new leader?

Then they'll all become potential followers and a new custom world event will be triggered: A bandit arrives at your camp and asks to join you because his camp was slaughtered.

And you can assign jobs to bandits (like in the mod that lets you start a guild), so they can rob people (a source of income for the guild), harvest ingridients and food, make skooma etc.

And you can assign one of them to be a builder, so you can purchase camp fortifications from him.

I think that this will be very difficult to implement for every bandit hideout in the vanilla Skyrim, so I think that it should be limited to just a few caves/forts/camps.

Maybe one cave (preferably the one with mammoth poachers in Whiterun hold), one fort and one camp in the wilderness?

Thanks for all the additional details! I think they are both workable and fun!

Sadly, no mod authors seemed to be interested in this.

Bet it would be a more fun than those creation club mods haha