In Game World Editor

I'm sure every PC player of both Fallout 3 and Fallout: NV has at some point trialed or played with either wasteland defense or RTS and although both great modifications with a ton of features it can be a little 'overbearing'.

I would like to see some of the features of these modifications brought into a small 'World Editor' modification allowing for the player to remove and build items in a creative manner that isn't reliant on the gathering of materials or building of a town.

The modification would ideally have the following features:

• 'Remove Gun' - A gun that when aimed and fired at an object in the Fallout world would be disabled or deleted.
  • 'Copy Gun' - A gun that when aimed and fired at an object it copies the object allowing for placement by the user.
  • 'Placement Tool' - A tool that allows the player to place objects that have been stored by using the copy gun.

My understanding of G.E.C.K and modding as a whole isn't great but seeing as both RTS and Wasteland Defence can include features like this as well as a bunch of other cool stuff that it should be fairly simple to use the mods to 'cut' these parts out and into a new modification.

This mod would allow the player full building/destroying control over the wasteland and I know that I would love a modification like such, especially if the controls were either simple or preferably controller supported.

The modification could also be expanded to include features like resource gathering as a hardcore mode which then allows players to build and destroy but in a realistic manner.

In a sense the modification i'm proposing is a very dumbed down and simple version of WD/RTS. Let me know if its possible or if you have any thoughts or suggestions on the idea!

the Groovatron has the required stats.

play with that for a while and see where it takes you.

Required stats? Can you expand a little? :smile:

your looking for a way to do as you asked, use the methods seen "used" in that tool, change the scripts or add scripts done in that fashion to create the world space tools you want, you must change them to suite you.

(Stats) statistical means, "methods" <---Stats.

study all there is, what it can do..open it up and study how things are done.

VIA scripting can control how and where a world space can be created from nothing...though nothing does not fit as you WILL be using the surrounding world spaces to create things.

Creativity becomes a lot more fun once you have tasted it, seen it work, so take it slow, practice with small things first.

I have built such tools in the past, thought there was little need for it so I have not done any more with these things.

too many variables come into play. But for a personal experience, it can be subjective....hmmm, hard to explain...but I do know what your asking about.

It's not easy, it goes against the grain...sort of.

A very clear mind is required..so pick things simple..repeat them ,change them....get to know how the code works. you will find a lot of things will conflict, finding the conflicts renders solutions and then. BAM! you see the true meaning of the games Environments.

you will require isolation's of the data you work with. Use mod organizer...to control the data used...make separate folders in the MO mod folder (mod)

here, is where things get separated and you can load and unload things....some times even a simple file.

You can always remove an item by using the "disable" console command. Or you can use the mod "Zap Gun". You do not want to delete items from the world space, just disable them.

For adding and placing items, there is Feng Shui. Or using the console, you can also spawn anything for which you can get the Base Object Number.

You can always remove an item by using the "disable" console command. Or you can use the mod "Zap Gun". You do not want to delete items from the world space, just disable them.

For adding and placing items, there is Feng Shui. Or using the console, you can also spawn anything for which you can get the Base Object Number.

You are a genius my friend! Both great finds, obviously its not EXACTLY what I was looking for but great platforms for me to look into extending the functionality.

Thanks a bunch!:)

I am rather busy today ,but can you put together a list of mods for this person to get that will show better what we are discussing?

I will see if I can find the tools I built two years ago ,currently I have no idea where they went to.