Speedy's resources

SpeedyB64

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks Speedy, this really helps me with my current mod project. Incidentally, the COncrete Bunker pieces (the pits in particular) would be awesome for what I had intended. Unfortunately, they didn't match up with the large utility door piece I used. ALso, I think this would work well with the enclave and vault pieces, the former is what concerns me the most. So, yeah, I second the motion for more patches/compatibility with existing structures.

The new building fits in very nicely with the New Vegas theme Will it be a kit, or a set piece?

Also, I am looking to see whether I could adapt any of your pieces to make a 'maintenance' or 'crawlspace area for within a vault. That or a duct large enough to hold people. I could have areas of a vault disconnect via normal routes, but accessible through narrow, pipe and wire laden tunnels. The wire sets you made for the bunker also look great.

Again, the issue is how to connect the pieces. I may have to whip out the old blender myself...though I am certain I can't do anything half as nice as your pieces.

TrooperScooperMKII:

I plan to work on the set intercompatability for the next version. So you need the shaft tileset to have a large utility door?

cambragol:

The new building is currently one large mesh but I will split it up to be more versatile.

I was actually planning to make large vents, Ill wip some up for the next version. I actually have another unreleased tileset that is a kind of maintenance crawlspace type thing.

http://i721.photobucket.com/albums/ww216/SpeedyB64/SCutilityhall05.jpg

I also have this one:

http://i721.photobucket.com/albums/ww216/SpeedyB64/SCSewerScreen01.jpg

Connector pieces will be included in the next version as well.

I mean the large "COncrete Bunker Room" pieces, having a way to connect the large concrete pit/rooms to this:

From there I want to have the cave pieces (cavern bunkers and vanilla caves) leading to your concrete tunnel system, finally terminating in a large bunker complex which will probably include the "Enclave" and/or "Vault" pieces alongside your (hopefully) compatible concrete pieces.

EDIT: had to remove the file to reclaim upload space :wallbash:

Edited by TrooperScooperMKII

I see, so you need a concrete bunker room wall section with a large utility door frame. At least that's what I think you mean, are you talking about pit pieces from the original game? My tilesets have no pit pieces yet.

You could put up a screenshot of the piece you want the door in and I can add it in.

As for the rest of the transfer pieces I can get those ready pretty fast, I'll try for the next couple days.

That first screenshot is fairly close to what I was thinking of. In the vaults there is a hallway piece which as removed 'conduit covers'. This piece gives a glimpse into a hidden area full of pipes and wires. Granted, it is much too tight to fit a human. However, with a little creative license it could be considered the entry point into a 'maintenance' or conduit passage way, something like what you have shown above. The only other option I can think of for alternate travel with a vault would be the vents that are found in most hallways. However those are quite small, and could not believably be used for passage.

There is also a 'grate' hallway piece, which hints at views into a hidden 'maintenance' hall.

The open conduit piece: vhallsm1waywinr02

http://www.torn-stars.com/images/vhallsm1waywinro2.jpg

The grate piece: vhallsm1waygrater01

http://www.torn-stars.com/images/vhallsm1waygrater01.jpg

That would be really amazing. I had kindof given up on the idea for vault 24, as I really have my work cut out for me already. However, if you could make a nice miniset that meshes with those, it would be back on the table and in the mod.

I look forward to seeing what you come up with!