All Newbies Read This Before Posting

Switch

SOS - Schlongs of Skyrim (I really dont find it ofensive or obscene, although I understand if its against the rules)

(its a mod that lets you have animated male genitalia, although the design struture can also be implemented for hair, wings, etc)

Edited by VectorPlexus

• Replies 360
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for your fast and concrete answer Zaldiir. And to Thandal aswell ofc. I do know that I wasnt explicit enough on my first post, but I didnt wanted to get myself the risk of being banned just by mentioning it. And for what is worth, let me just tell you that this decision will make some modders with whom I'm working with, very happy, as they can keep their work in here, and it will score some positive awareness.

You see, there are some ppl that feel that Nexus staff is a bit "homophobic" about their content, but I actually believe that all you do is based on reports you receive. And no doubt, the gaming community, in general, but not wanting to make a stereotype out of it, is a bit homophobic when it regards to content. I'm pretty sure, some people wouldnt hesitate in reporting a naked male image, but probably wouldnt do the same for a female one...

I've have encountered such situations, but instead of reporting it to the mods, I take the more pratical approach of PMing the user in question and warn them about violating the ToS. That way I can bring awareness to them, withouth involving Mods or bans or warnings. Its a win-win situation =)

anyway... thanks again to The Nexus team, on my behalf and on all the ppl that insisted I clarified a bit better the situation at hand! <3

You see, there are some ppl that feel that Nexus staff is a bit "homophobic" about their content, but I actually believe that all you do is based on reports you receive. And no doubt, the gaming community, in general, but not wanting to make a stereotype out of it, is a bit homophobic when it regards to content. I'm pretty sure, some people wouldnt hesitate in reporting a naked male image, but probably wouldnt do the same for a female one...

Considering that we host mods that include nude male body replacer files and in some instances rather revealing outfits for said mods, and that we have a high ban rate for anyone making homophobic remarks - I would say that "some people" need to check their facts.

Yes, we may receive reports about nude male mods - but we only act on those if there is a legitimate issue with the file or image - just being a "nude male" item doesn't quality. Although I should state at this point that there is no nudity allowed in the general imageshare for our sites - regardless of gender. Nudes go in the supporters imageshare if you have the ability to access it.

If not? Simple - don't post nudes.

Nude files, such as body replacers - only time I can honestly see us getting involved on a report there - is if someone is claiming misused, stolen or illegal content. Such as someone using a body from one of the well known 3D render applications (Poser, DAZ3D, etc...).

Anyone reporting a male mod for simply being "a male mod" will likely be handed a warning themselves for wasting staff time and misuse of the report feature.

If uploading a file that includes nudity, then just remember to mark and tag it appropriately.

Yes, that was my opinion aswell about The Nexus acting, otherwise there wouldnt be any male mods hosted here. And I'm quite aware of the copyright and intellectual property issue aswell. I would never publish anything that used resources by modders (or companies) with their express consent. Just like I wouldnt like if someone else would do the same for my work.

And I'm quite aware that images follow a different rule from mods, although you raised one more important issue I forgot to ask. In order for me to be able to post Adult Images on my mod's page, I would need to get a Supporter Membership? Or are the Mod's image library independent from this feature since its an Adult tagged mod? What about images posted by users on the same mod page? Do I need to moderate them and scrap any posted image containing adult content? Because I was just browsing for some members that have adult tagged mods, and their mods have naked imagery there, both from them and users, and they are not supporters or premium.

Sorry about all the noob questions, but I've never uploaded anything here, so I just want to make sure I'm going by the book and dont infringe any rules =/

Thanks again for your feedback =)

If a mod is marked adult then the screens posted for the mod can be nude. If there are nude images and the mod is not adult then they need removed or the mod needs to be reclassified as adult.

Ninja'd by Z..curses!!

If a mod is marked adult then the screens posted for the mod can be nude. If there are nude images and the mod is not adult then they need removed or the mod needs to be reclassified as adult.

Ninja'd by Z..curses!!

LOL!

Thanks a bunch <3

edit for the third time,

I'm wanting to upload my mature screenshots, but they are not a part of a mod, do i need to havee a supporter membership to upload Adult Screenshots?

Edited by Kidokit

edit for the third time,

I'm wanting to upload my mature screenshots, but they are not a part of a mod, do i need to havee a supporter membership to upload Adult Screenshots?

Yes, you need a supporter membership to upload adult images to the image share.