All Newbies Read This Before Posting

Switch

edit for the third time,

I'm wanting to upload my mature screenshots, but they are not a part of a mod, do i need to havee a supporter membership to upload Adult Screenshots?

Yes, you need a supporter membership to upload adult images to the Supporter's image share.

Fixed that for ya' Obliette! :thumbsup:

The Terms of Service address this very issue. (And many others, so I suggest that anyone who hasn't read them completely takes the opportunity to do so. They're not very long, they are very well written, and there's a link on the top-right of every page.)

Relevant section from the ToS is:

Uploading to the Image Share section

The image share section of Nexus Sites was designed to allow players to share their favourite or informative screenshots of the games they play with other users of the site. While an adult-only tag is available that should be used if the image would be rated anything higher than a PG-13 in US/UK media we do not want images of nude characters hosted in the Image Share section. “No nudity” includes boobs and genitalia as well as visible pubic hair in the genitalia area.

Yes, there’s an adult-only content filter (that some have just taken to mean “nude content” filter) but adult-only content is more than just nudity. It’s excessive gore, it’s risque comic-strips, it’s pictures of characters wearing the skimpiest outfits possible without breaking the rules. It’s basically everything you wouldn’t want to have your boss catching you looking through at work.

For a more detailed look at what is and isn't acceptable within the Image Share section please read Robin's thread on the subject.

Aside from no nudity, you should only upload images that would be acceptable in the file database. This, importantly, means that you should not upload pictures of mods you are using that would not be allowed in the file database such as mods using ported or copyrighted content. Whether or not you use these mods is your choice, but please do not upload pictures of these mods in action to the Image Share section of the sites.

As of the 12th of May 2010 a private "Supporter" only Image Share section is available for Supporter members of the site. This section may contain images of all types within the legal bounds of the internet. That is to say that nudity is permitted but any images that wouldn't be legally acceptable (such as pictures of naked children, bestiality, necrophilia, copyrighted content etc.) are still not allowed.

• Replies 360
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for the basics for keeping this civil as it should be and informational fixing issues. Im still new getting the MOD thing going on correctly. I just went lifetime premium, so interested in figuring out all the mess Skyrim can be at times and MODs.

• 1 month later...

I have a silly noob question, if this is not the right place to ask it, I apologize. In the long threads people post answers with the "In response to post #########" to make them more readable and useful. Is this some forum option, or do I have to create this line manually, by looking up the post's number? I'm sorry, but I looked and all I can find is a reply option that quotes the post, not posts its number and link.

• 4 weeks later...

I know this is against the rules, but this site was made in 1998? this was posted on October 29, 2003. You stated that it has been running for five years. Five years before 2003 was 1998. I'm am really new to the site so i am just curious.

We used to have a site history - but it got lost with one of the updates.

This was started as a modder site for Morrowind before Oblivion was released so, around 2001. That makes it around 12 years in all. It has changed names several times as it went from just Morrowind mods to Morrowind and Oblivion mods, then added Fallout 3 so was still only Bethesda games - then added Dragon Age, A non Beth game so the name was again changed to reflect that. We are now up to 20 games, with plans to expand more in the near future. Almost 6 million members, over 80,000 mods. We have about 20 servers running in a dozen locations and several countries. As far as I know we are the largest private - non affiliated with any company FREE modder site there is. That makes us a big target for the companies looking to kill off pirate and copyright infringement sites. So we make a big deal out of banning pirates and copyright violators.

• 2 weeks later...

I have a question about trolls. My mod has recently hit the hotfiles and now it's rather inundated with trolls posting things like:

I don't like this, meh.

I prefer bethesda's much more.

etc.

What exactly can be done about this? I feel it would be rather irritating to the mods if these lame comments were hidden and reported (there are a lot of them, and they're not exactly offensive, they just shouldn't be there in the spirit of encouraging modders and modding).

I really wish the up/down-vote feature was still around, that made short work of trolls. Now it's just what, grin and bear it?

Thanks.

Edited by LeanWolf

These are posts by the entitled kiddies who - IMO, due to facebook influence - feel they absolutely MUST reply to or comment on everything. Whether they have anything useful to contribute or not. :rolleyes: Not one has ever made any contribution beyond a useless or snarky post. Mostly they are just showing their immaturity with these kind of posts. Many either move on or keep it up until they get banned. We do look at posting history - so a really snarky comment that may have just gotten a warning can become a full ban if they have a lot of these type posts.

And yes, that is covered in our rules. :yes: