All Newbies Read This Before Posting

Switch

If the account has no bad comments made from it, then is it okay?
The only exceptions have been made clear. This isn't one of them. If you create a new account, the other one needs to go away.

I was actually thinking of giving this "other" account to my friend, because he was having trouble registering here on The Nexus.
Still not an acceptable use. If this person cannot validate their account, they can use the contact form to send us their information (ID, email) so we can manually confirm the email address and validate the account. Most all other problems trying to access TESNexus has already been documented with solutions in this forum.

LHammonds

Alright, alright, fair enough. Now then, let's see if I can remember that user name... I'm sure I have it written down somewhere...

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 360
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Then again, you have to consider that many people will have read it more than once (this is something like my third time now, for example), so that statistic is probably far from accurate.

So true, my Nif and Texture request thread (Infernus, Electrus and Glacius(W/Arrows):meshes and textures request) has something like 30 views because I've checked on it to see if I've had any replies lol.

• 1 month later...

So...

Can I have my account back or not?

http://thenexusforums.com/index.php?showto...40&start=40

I know you all have lives, are busy people, and my concerns are low on your priorities list, but I'd like to update my uploaded file.

(Patience was never my strong suit... ask any passenger in or on any vehicle I've piloted...)

I think everyone got carried away there, and there was on almost everyone's part a bit of reaction without thought going on. In that light, banning the new guy seems to make sense...

I was getting trolled and flamed. I'm not complaining about that, I'm fine with people flaming me as long as they stay on topic... Posters were constantly going off topic. They were commenting on me as a person, instead of any idea I had presented, however flawed or unsavory. I didn't report them because I believe in freedom of speech, but I did try and drag them back on topic to no avail.

I referred them to my e-mail for off topic communications and a place to direct their flames. Twice. When that didn't work, I created a new topic specifically for flaming me. Call it trolling if you want, I just wanted a more focused argument. Of course, it didn't work, but who hasn't failed at a goal in life, or made a bad decision? (Or a decision in bad humor?) lol

I never received any kind of warning, or any strike. If you'd have told me to STFU, I would have respected that.

The miscommunication was an honest mistake. Now that I know the word has another meaning, it'll never be used by me again. That was definately NOT the context I intended.

I'm a blunt person. Stupid at times as well, like any other (relatively) hairless ape. The two don't mix well, though I try to manage. :P

Anyway, if you've made it this far, thank you for your time. That's valuable currency which can never be refunded. Hopefully this will be resolved and I can repay you by puttin' in some work of dubious quality on the GECK, and ratcheting down my "confrontational" level within debates...

Regards

-PrideAssassin

You wanted me dead and you are the victim here?

Dont make me laugh...

What was it? Lemme see...

"Death to all middle east I say, that would solve the problem nicely"

I am pretty sure I didnt make this up... You wanted me dead just because I have a different religious belief then yours... If this is freedom of speech, sir you can have it back...

If what I do here is trolling or flaming, please dont hesitate to ban me or strike me or erase my account...

And yes I am really a resident in middle east, I live in Turkey, I am a muslim, believe or not... So if someone wishes me and all my muslim sisters and brothers dead, I answer back, then I am trolling?

Edit: I never claimed to be a victim. I just thought the banning was quite sudden and unwarranted. I don't feel victimized. I just feel there was a miscommunication. Clarity is not my strong suit. :P I've already offered to stay out of the Debate forum. People are entirely too sensitive here. Nothing good will come of my posting there. In other areas of the board, I am civil.

You wanted me dead and you are the victim here?

Dont make me laugh...

What was it? Lemme see...

"Death to all middle east I say, that would solve the problem nicely"

My exact words:

"Like I said, I don't really care.

It doesn't affect my monkey troop at the moment, and will not for some time to come, if ever.

Turn it to glass and set up a factory for all I care. They are nobody to me.

Death to the Middle East. That will solve the problem quite nicely."

A little harsh, in retrospect. It was an off topic comment, and probably shouldn't have been typed.

If I expanded it to include everyone on earth, period, myself included, would that make you happy?

Apologies are in order if I offended you, but I don't hold life to the same standard as others. No offense.

Death is inevitable, you know? Furthermore, most religions believe in eternal life. Death is a transition. I'd much rather be chatting with God than my fellow apes. I tend to view people as apes with shiny toys.

Again, no offense. That's just my belief. Humans are not the end-all be-all of anything in my view. Just a random conglamoration of molecules.

Of note: Extremists in the Middle East have a habit of spewing Death to (insert group or nation here).

Satire. Bad satire, but satire.

I am pretty sure I didnt make this up... You wanted me dead just because I have a different religious belief then yours... If this is freedom of speech, sir you can have it back...

And yes I am really a resident in middle east, I live in Turkey, I am a muslim, believe or not... So if someone wishes me and all my muslim sisters and brothers dead, I answer back, then I am trolling?

I don't want anything. I take life as it comes. I deal with individuals on an individual basis. Regions as a whole, meh. Nothing else outside my little world matters to me, unless it has the potential to screw with my little world.

I don't care one way or the other about your religion. I am not attacking your religion. I never even singled out Islam.

I myself am agnostic, I guess, if you must slap a label on me. A higher power is too large a concept for my puny monkey brain to process, so why bother? If it's there, it's there, and I'll pay my price. If not, hey, worm food.

The problem is perpetual and there is only one way, in my mind, to solve it. It included everyone, not just Muslims. The Middle East is not an exclusively Muslim location. The majority of Muslims live in Indonesia, FYI...

So. Sorry if my opinion offends you. Don't take the half-sane musings of an internet moron so seriously, aye? It's nothing personal. The only people I care about are the people in my monkey troop. Everyone else is a nonentity. At least I'm honest about it.

If what I do here is trolling or flaming, please dont hesitate to ban me or strike me or erase my account...

Nah, I don't mind, honestly. Say what you want about me. I know I oversimplify things. I know I make sweeping generalizations and shoot from the lip when sometimes I could be more prudent. But attempt to make a counter argument, so you don't end up looking just as foolish as me. :) I mean, I never flamed you. Why flame me? Attack my ideas.

Thank you for your concern, and for finally outlining what ticked you off. I don't wish death on anyone. I was just saying it would solve the problem. Apologies are in order if I have offended you.

As for making light of life and death, that's MY belief.

Attack it with vigor.

As-sallamu aleykum!

Regards,

PrideAssassin

• 1 month later...

But what's the difference between "Flaming" and "Trolling"?

By the way, the name of the necromancy threading is a bit funny name I think :P

The rules are quite OK, I can live with them.

what's the difference between "Flaming" and "Trolling"?
Flaming has a focus on being rude. A flame can also be a trolling remark as well. But trolling "can" be polite but the point is that the subject is very touchy and is meant to provoke a battle which will likely get people into trouble.

LHammonds

• 3 months later...

:D flaming ftl here a video u might like mods :D and technically it on topic so not spam =)

love that song :)

Obey the moderator, create a state of calm

Scan sentences and announce who's wrong

You are the troller, one week ban

I know your other screen name man

Obey the moderator, I cater to the regs

Hook 'em up with handles and float all their threads

You are the liar, permanent ban

I'll nullify your password man :D