All Newbies Read This Before Posting

Switch

Chapter 7 should apply to everything; mods, tutorials, articles, suggestions, and whatever else you might think of. I think "Lack of Credit" would be a better rule for this.

Thanks for making this thread, BTW. I wouldn't consider myself a noob or someone that doesn't know what they're doing when they join an internet forum, but a thread like this is always convenient if I join up somewhere. I seem to have a hard time finding the rules on a lot of forums (and I don't post until I've read them (I've been staff on other sites, and the phrase "I didn't know that was a rule" makes me want to cut myself)).

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 360
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Hello to the Moderators!

I have been using and enjoying 'The Nexus' for about 8 months now, since I have been playing FO3 with mods, and today was the first time I really looked on the forums and discovered the forum rules... and boy is my face red. This is no excuse, but I haven't really used a forum before (even though I used to use BBS's to mod DOOM a Long time ago), and I feel like a big jerk for some of the posts that I left on here in the past - which, incidentally, got me banned. SO, I've read through the rules, and the banned list, and I must say that y'all are running a pretty tight ship around here, and it shows, and it's a good thing, so thanks. And... sorry for being a jerk.

I have a question: am I in violation of the 'only one account allowed' rule by having both my current account and my former account, which is banned? If so, how do I rectify that situation?

Thanks!

" - Old Lady palmer - "

as long as you play by the rules with your current account....you should be ok.

You have learned from your past mistakes, this is demonstrated by your post openly admitting your past errors in judgement in a public manner.

Buddah

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
A one liner occasionally will probably only rate a warning. I have personally never banned anyone for just a one liner (unless it was obscene or flaming). If they continue to do it after a mild warning, it would probably be escalated to a strike. The rule is to prevent topics from being filled with pages of one line useless comments. Such as the LOL that some people seem to think is needed for every topic. They add nothing to the conversation and just take up space that could be put to a more useful purpose.

• 3 weeks later...

Also about one liners, does responding to a "thank you" count as a one liner? :confused:

To be a bit more specific, if you help someone out and they thank you and then you say sopmething like "Anytime, don´t mention it". Does that count as a one liner?

I´ve done one or two of those recently :unsure: