All Newbies Read This Before Posting

Switch

Piracy is not explicitly noted in the rules thread because it falls under the Terms and Conditions about illegal activity. You can see the rules are populated by many people being banned related to piracy...and yes, if you see anyone breaking the rules (or illegal activity), please report the post using the REPORT feature.

Thanks,

LHammonds

• Replies 360
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

it is very questionable if members denounce other members.
I don't think anyone was suggesting that. To do so is actually against the explicitly stated rules and falls under Vigilantism. Members shouldn't be communicating the rules to other members..it could end up in a feud/fight...which is why any questionable activity should be reported and handled by moderators.

LHammonds

• 4 weeks later...

The rules here are a bit different than other sites, and it didn't quite make this clear or not, so I'll ask... It says you're not allowed to bump, but does that mean you want me to make a new thread every single time my original is out of view, or should I bump? =/

I have a request thread that's gone ignored, and admittedly I did bump it once, then figured I better check the rules to see if that's allowed here or not since it seems all sites are different. I modded on a site before that was strict about no "multi-posting" and preferred a new thread be made, but a site I frequent now doesn't care as long as it's not blatant spam, as in the thread's out of view.

Bumping is simply not allowed. If you don't have new info there shouldn't be a reason to ask for more than twice.

Requests aren't just ignored, simply not everyone has the time, doesn't have the skills, it isn't possible or they simply doesn't like it. Especially armors take a lot of time to complete and since most of them only create from their own style or preference...you'd have to be lucky someone takes it, but a lot of requests aren't answered. The few people with the right skills are picky, hence the reason why only 1 of the 30 have the possibility to get realized.

If bumping was allowed then the threads would be full of little else but old, bumped posts offering no useful information. If somebody has a solution to a problem they'll post it -- people here will generally help if they can.

There's no reason why you can't hang on for a week or so then re-post your problem if you haven't had a response the first time, or try another forum site.

The reason for forbidding bumps is there are some people who will bump their pet post whenever it falls off of the front page. With the number of posts we get a day that could take just a few minutes. I will usually allow one bump - after 24 hours. If no one has answered in 2 days, either they are not interested - or if it is a question, no one knows the answer.

If they bump it a third time, or too soon. They will get a warning.

I see too many !!!!PLESAE HELP ME!!!! (yes they do spell that way) type posts with no information on what their problem is. "My game crashes !!! tell me what to do!!!" (Which game?) Then bumping after ten minutes. Then whining that the nexus is a bunch of jerks for not answering instantly. Then, in an hour or so when they do get an answer, never coming back to check their post.

• 3 months later...
Might I suggest updating the rules a bit? Recently I've seen that basically adding a reply to your topic in which you were the last poster is seen as bumping, but here bumping is only if you don't have anything to add but 'bump'. Right now, according to the rules, one should be able to post after yourself provided that you are adding something useful to the topic, like new pictures for the request or an update on the progress of the mod. Same thing goes for necromancy.

• 1 month later...

Might I suggest updating the rules a bit? Recently I've seen that basically adding a reply to your topic in which you were the last poster is seen as bumping, but here bumping is only if you don't have anything to add but 'bump'. Right now, according to the rules, one should be able to post after yourself provided that you are adding something useful to the topic, like new pictures for the request or an update on the progress of the mod. Same thing goes for necromancy.

Well, it really depends on the situation. Adding a new reply with more info (images) is OK...adding another reply and another reply with more images and such in the same day shouldn't be done, use of the EDIT button is appropriate. As for necromancy, many people tend to not understand. If a thread is older than a month, it is not taboo to add new information and it is not considered thread necromancy as long as it is something useful (e.g. not SPAM or a BUMP). If the thread was a poll about something from 2 years ago, you can bet that the OP has long since moved on since that poll and "voting" in it to try and resurrect it would be considered thread necro. It really depends on the situation but we try to let common sense be the rule rather than spelling out every possible thing...because we do NOT want a War and Peace-sized rule book. We cover the highlights and expect you to understand the general message and apply it to each situation. If you feel the need to ask if something is borderline, then you should have already answered it yourself as "no"

LHammonds