real immersive lockpicking

ZebutroN

would it be possible to remove the "pause" effect of lockpicking, making it possible to be detected/attacked/interupted while trying to pick a lock? pretty much all lockpicking mods on nexus seem to be for cheaters (ie. easy open locks, open lock spells etc.). evidently not everyone shares my enthusiasm for the minigame that i do. if this is something someone would be willing to do or give me some pointers on whether its possible to do it myself that would be much appreciated!

-thanks for reading and responding!

thank you for the suggestion! this is at least half of what i was looking for, the other half being still being able to play the minigame while the rest of the game kept going around you, so you'd have to be sure a room was clear before you opened it, or knew you only had 20 seconds to try before the dungeon patrol would spot you again, stuff like that. playing the lockpicking game on a time crunch would definitely add a new sort of intensity to the game for me, but i feel its probably not possible as nightinglae850 stated

thanks everyone for the comments, between LO and "Living takes time" which i found thanks to the tip from faff and the drive to keep searching from Sir Q, i think i have exactly what im looking for! i never would have found LTT on my own, gonna try it out now! thanks again