Weights and values rebalance, need a little help with ingot models

TheYogi

only brought it up out of curiosity. your attention to detail and the thought you have put into weights and measures has sparked my interest. i have made personal mods with rooms filled with thousands of ingots and coins to have battles with enemies that cause explosions, only for the fun of having items havok all over the place. 1000 coins in game takes up quit a bit of space, and drops your fps quite a bit with a well placed exploding bolt.

It's hard to judge the size of things in the game. It could well be that a Skyrim coin is considerably larger than a historical coin. But for the original ingot size, I don't think I got it all that wrong.

But given the relatively low worth of a gold coin compared to historical precedent, I wouldn't want to make them too heavy either, the character would be overburdened by carrying a rather modest amount of money. Historically, a man could live for weeks or even months for the worth of a single Solidus. Around 150.000 Solidii was the annual tribute the Eastern Roman Empire had to pay off Attila the Hun with after loosing a war in 440s AD - in Skyrim that will buy you a small house.

It's hard to judge the size of things in the game. It could well be that a Skyrim coin is considerably larger than a historical coin. But for the original ingot size, I don't think I got it all that wrong.

But given the relatively low worth of a gold coin compared to historical precedent, I wouldn't want to make them too heavy either, the character would be overburdened by carrying a rather modest amount of money. Historically, a man could live for weeks or even months for the worth of a single Solidus. Around 150.000 Solidii was the annual tribute the Eastern Roman Empire had to pay off Attila the Hun with after loosing a war in 440s AD - in Skyrim that will buy you a small house.

yeah realistically people would also have silver coins and copper coins and whatnot. I guess in skyrim they thought having different kinds of coins would make the game too complicated so they just went with gold. (I think this mostly carries from pen and paper RPGs also)

I'm seeing that I'm going to have to mod the standard gold coin to a silver coin, otherwise the price structure in the game is simply whacky. Most things are now litterally worth more than their weight in silver.

To avoid too much inflation, I'll edit the gold ingots to a much smaller size than the other ingots and rename them "gold bars" - this would also fix getting 50-60 necklaces or 120 rings from a single ingot. :)

Changing the name of the coin item is easy enough, but I guess the legend at the bottom of the screen will still say "gold", right?