Blades of Arkay

Edsh0t

Dawnguard adds sun damage to some special weapons, that deals heavy damage to undead and nothing else. I was thinking what about the reverse? Darkness/shadow damage that deals heavy damage to living targets only.
As such this request/idea is two fold: A pair of enchantments, and if possible a pair of custom swords. (I'm fine with just the enchantment, just would be cool to have the swords)

The whole idea is based around the idea of a Warrior of Arkay, that roams the land to kill the undead and necromancers in the name of Arkay, thus bringing balance to life and death.

Enchantments:
Blessing/Light of Arkay: Deals x (twice as much as the fire or ice enchantment) points of sun damage to undead (and undead only) and soultraps them (as to purify their souls).

Wrath/Darkness of Arkay : Deals x (twice as much as fire or ice enchantment) points of dark damage to living targets (no undead nor machines) and absorbs some health (Arkay robbing their life as punishment).

The second part of the request are the blades themselves. I imagine them being similar to similar to CuteUnit's Burning Eye of Meridia and Ebonmourne, the blade of one being made of light and the blade of another being made of darkness. They would be craftable from the beginning, and have a recepy for each tier requiring the previous version, as to upgrade them (losing tempering in the process)

Edited by Edsh0t

The Aedra don't have weapons, and they don't deal darkness or shadow damage to people. You have Arkay confused with a Daedra.

I know that, just thought the idea was cool. A mod doesn't need to be 100% lore-faithful to be made, its a mod after all, a way to play the game our way. That said, no one interested in making at least the enchantments?

Strangely, the first thing I tried modeling was a sword of Arkay. Taking Hexxagone's comment into consideration, aedric weapons would be a bit weird, but I think it would be cool if there was a blade of Arkay that could be paired with the dawnbreaker.

Strangely, the first thing I tried modeling was a sword of Arkay. Taking Hexxagone's comment into consideration, aedric weapons would be a bit weird, but I think it would be cool if there was a blade of Arkay that could be paired with the dawnbreaker.

Thank you. And sure it might be a bit weird, but if you think about it the Aedra give you nothing worthwhile except for a few blessings that cease to be helpful early on. Why not have Aedra counterparts of the Daedric Artefacts? Even if they are not created by the Aedra in question, but by worshippers.

That's because the Aedra do not get directly involved in the affairs of mortals except a few occasions like the Oblivion Crises. Even then it was Martin that summoned Akotosh to our realm, he wasn't able to come here without Martins help. The Aedra might give you a new spell or increase your magic ability but they wont give you a weapon.

That's because the Aedra do not get directly involved in the affairs of mortals except a few occasions like the Oblivion Crises. Even then it was Martin that summoned Akotosh to our realm, he wasn't able to come here without Martins help. The Aedra might give you a new spell or increase your magic ability but they wont give you a weapon.

And as i said before, doesn't matter. It's a request. It doesn't have to be lore-friendly or even make sense. Besides if people don't want to they don't need to do the blades, I just really want the enchantments so I can roleplay a warrior of Arkay character.

I don't think an enchantment that affects the living is possible.

Can't see why not, after all the detect life spell works just on the living, and so does healing hands. That means the restriction to living things already exists in game, so why not apply it to an enchantment?