Fallout Mod Manager start-up crash

1SaBy

So, I tried installing Tale of Two Wastelands and I've run into some trouble. The instructions said I should use FOMM for installation. Despite that I tried it with NMM and it crashed right at the end of the installation. No big deal then, I think to myself, I'll just download FOMM do it properly then.

I messed up. Actually I don't know what went wrong (I'm sure I did something, but I don't know what it was). Suddenly all my mods in NMM seem to be not activated on the 'Mods' tab, but they all still show up on the 'Plugins' tab and all are activated (including the esp's/esm's from the ToTW, even though the installation crashed).

Then when I try to start up the FOMM, it gives me a message about a file which was deleted, but not uninstalled - a file from the Afterschool Special mod. So, I tried to activate and deactivate it in NMM. Didn't help. Then I decided to delete all the installed mods, but in the process I accidentally deleted Fallout.esm as well and the NMM nor the game itself wouldn't start. So I deleted and reinstalled the game.

NMM seems to be working just fine, but now I get another pop-up when starting FOMM. It says:

Missing FOMod

'ORIGINAL_VALUE.fomod' was deleted without being deactivated. If you don't uninstall the FOMod, FOMM will close and you will have to put the FOMod back in the mods folder. Would you like to uninstall the missing FOMod?

Then I click yes and an error message pops up:

Error: A problem occured during uninstall: The given key was not present in the dictionary. The mod was not uninstalled.

OK

Scan Error: And error occurred while scanning your fomods for new versions. As long as it wasn't too bad, a crash dump will have been saved in C:/Users/user/Documents/FOMM/crashdump.txt

Please include the contents of that file if you want to make a bug report.

And here are its contents:

26. mája 2015 - 17:16:28
Fomm 0.14.11.12
OS version: Microsoft Windows NT 6.2.9200.0
System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not find file 'D:\Games\Nexus Mod Manager\FalloutNV\Mods\ORIGINAL_VALUE.fomod'.
File name: 'D:\Games\Nexus Mod Manager\FalloutNV\Mods\ORIGINAL_VALUE.fomod'
at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
at System.IO.FileStream.Init(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, Int32 rights, Boolean useRights, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, SECURITY_ATTRIBUTES secAttrs, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy, Boolean useLongPath, Boolean checkHost)
at System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy)
at System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share)
at SevenZip.FileChecker.CheckSignature(String fileName, Int32& offset, Boolean& isExecutable)
at SevenZip.SevenZipExtractor.Init(String archiveFullName)
at Fomm.PackageManager.Archive..ctor(String p_strPath)
at Fomm.PackageManager.fomod..ctor(String path, Boolean p_booUseCache)
at Fomm.PackageManager.Upgrade.UpgradeScanner.Scan()
at Fomm.Program.Main(String[] args)

• 2 weeks later...