• Please log in to reply
236 replies to this topic

drakeelvin

drakeelvin

Old hand

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 768 posts

When I first downloaded this and it promoted me to select the directory I went ahead and did so, but I choose my New Vegas directory instead of the data folder in it. I can't seem to change it. What can I do here to fix this?

I did exactly the same thing. In his readme it explains how to create a shortcut to javaw.exe, I put the shortcut in the same directory as the JAR file to. I edited the shortcut so the command line is:

%windir%\system32\javaw.exe -Xmx1024m -DFallout.plugin.path="C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\fallout new vegas\Data" -jar FNVPlugin.jar

The key entry in the above shortcut is:

-DFallout.plugin.path="C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\fallout new vegas\Data"

Set it to whatever your path is.

DarthStar

DarthStar

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts
Okay so I put the FNVPlugin Executable Jar File in my Data folder and made a shortcut to it in the same place. I browsed to find the location of what it is I was making a shortcut to, and then edited the shortcut's "Start in:" to what you wrote the command line is. Is that the command line? Either way it didn't work and nothing is showing up in the program. Should I do anything with the sample shortcut that is provided or something?

Quetzlsacatanango

Quetzlsacatanango

40% Dolemite

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,567 posts
Just edit that one so it points to your javaw.exe, wherever it is.

DarthStar

DarthStar

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts
So I have to edit the shortcut given to me in the file so that it points to javaw.exe? Okay I did that and the shortcut does nothing. Which line am I supposed to edit? Target or Start in? And are either of those the Command Line?

Quetzlsacatanango

Quetzlsacatanango

40% Dolemite

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,567 posts
Target
Start in should be the directory where the shortcut/jar file is located.

DarthStar

DarthStar

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts
Okay, setting the target to javaw.exe causes the shortcut to do nothing at all, and setting the target to what drakeelvin suggested changing the command line to also does nothing. Leaving it alone and just starting the shortcut starts up the program, but the problem is the program doesn't list any of my plugins. And what you are telling me is that I am supposed to edit the target in either the shortcut I am given (which I have been using) or a shortcut that I make, so that my mods appear when I start this Utility. If I am supposed to make my own shortcut, why is the sample one included?

EDIT: I was over-thinking this; when I open the program I assumed that all the mods would be listed, as they are with all the other programs I use to Mod NV. And when I was looking at all the options in the program I didn't see where I was supposed to start despite having gone through the options extensively. I'm sorry to have bothered you this much. Thank you for your help.

Edited by DarthStar, 12 October 2011 - 05:52 PM.

drakeelvin

drakeelvin

Old hand

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 768 posts
When I installed Java (Windows Vista) I told it to update my Windows path variable, but if your Java install didn't add the Windows path you would need to use the full path to javaw.exe when it gets invoked.

Also, I run this utility from my Documents/FNVPlugin/ folder, it does not need to be located in the New Vegas data folder to work, just FYI. As Q said, just ensure the JAR file is in the same directory as the shortcut you create.

Edited by drakeelvin, 14 October 2011 - 05:06 PM.

atnatn

atnatn

Stranger

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
uhh little help?
when i merged the files it seemed to work fine. but now when i start up NV, it just freezes.

Legofingerz

Legofingerz

Fan

• Premium Member
  • 489 posts
Could this be used to merger Arwens Realistic Tweaks and Project Nevada rebalance, so that they are both not trying to do the same thing in 2 different ways?

I want to keep the Med-Tec part and basic needs of Arwens mod but everything else from PN

Edited by ActusReus, 20 October 2011 - 03:50 PM.

theobeau

theobeau

Old hand

• Premium Member
  • 569 posts
@ScripterRon,

This is a hidden gem, discovered only while shifting through old Nexus forum threads in trying to solve a mesh/texture problem.

As someone who has collected a heap of small gameplay fixes, this mod has allowed me to reduce 15 esps to 3. Wait until I have a go at my large number of armour and clothing mods!

I've heartedly endorsed this very useful mod.

IPB skins by Skinbox
Page loaded in: 1.077 seconds