236 replies to this topic

mnemnoch

mnemnoch

Old hand

• Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 519 posts

uhh little help?
when i merged the files it seemed to work fine. but now when i start up NV, it just freezes.

Most probably there are errors in your combined esp. Always check for errors in FNVEdit after combining some esp.

What I do is after combining, I always compare the original mods with my combined esp and check it for errors. A tedious task but a small price to pay to lessen my load order.

theobeau

theobeau

Old hand

• Premium Member
  • 569 posts
@ScripterRon (if your out there!)

Just wanted to post again; this really is an excellent mod.

I've now merged the esps of some 26 mods into 4; saving myself a heap of clutter in the data folder and re-introducing a degree of stability into my game not seen since early days.

The program is deceptively simple to use yet powerful. As long as you follow the simple advice in the Readme and in this forum, you can't go to wrong.

Really great mod and a strangely hidden gem: +1 kudos to you!

hairylegs222

hairylegs222

Resident poster

• Premium Member
  • 6,772 posts
Forgot to endorse lol but I just did and this program is so essential it's not even funny. I use it very often for my NVEC mod.

@mnemnoch
That's exactly what I do and is required for clean merging

Edited by hairylegs222, 21 November 2011 - 10:42 pm.

pedxingx

pedxingx

Journeyman

• Premium Member
  • 42 posts
This tool is worth downloading if you ever need to combine two or more plugins together. Its worth the hassle of installing Java. Java exists only on my system because of this tool.

kotlecik

kotlecik

Faithful poster

• Supporter
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,476 posts
This is the best Merge Utility ever created! Seriously, I fell in love with it from the first second of use :) The only thing which can cause problems is installation, even with Readme it can be troublesome.

Endorsed, thanks :)

zenreaper

zenreaper

Stranger

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
An absolutely essential utility.

tazmeister

tazmeister

Enthusiast

• Premium Member
  • 149 posts
Overall this is a great utility.

But there are conditions where it produces bad merges so you have to make sure to check the merge results before using them or prepare some mods in advance.
So far the only issue I've seen is if the master lists are the mods are different.

If the master lists for all mods to be merged are identical, it works great.

But when the master lists of the different mods being merged does not match there a bugs in the remapping references to some or all of the masters in the merger result.

To get around this you use fnvedit to add masters to each mod and sort them so that all the mods to be merged have the same list of masters in the same order.

I tried to merge the 2 files for AG Supplementary Uniques.

http://www.newvegasn...le.php?id=40000

The resulting mod had a number of invalid references afterwards.
Specifically a number of weapons were had invalid references to the meshes for when they had mods on them. The weapons in the original mods were fine.
The problem seems be from the fact that the 2 mods have different lists of masters.

The main mod did not list GRA as a master. The extra mod just listed FNV and GRA.
The merged mod had invalid references for anything that was a reference in the 2nd mod to GRA.

Using version 1.7 with Java 1.6

Attempt 1:
Created new empty mod
Merged in main AG Uniques
Saved
Merged in AG Uniques extra mod
Saved
Result: multiple invalid references all with the first 2 bits set to 05 (which is correct for GRA but the references were still wrong for some reason)

Attempt 2:
Used FNVEdit to add GRA as a master to the main AG mod.
Created new empty mod
Saved
Saved
Result: Fewer errors, all were references to GRA meshes again, but this time it had the first 2 bits set to 02 which would match the value from the original extra plugin rather than from the final master list.

Attempt 3:
Edited both mods to have identical master lists with identical orders
Created new empty mod
Saved
Saved

Results: No invalid references. FNVEdit now lists the same errors as the original 2 mods

Edited by tazmeister, 08 January 2012 - 05:51 pm.

IAreBob

IAreBob

Lost Prodigy/Mod Supporter

• Premium Member
  • 1,681 posts
Thank you so much for this, Ron. I hit my mod limit and I just needed those mods that I couldn't use. Thanks to this utility, I can just easily merge the mods into one compatibility patch and run all of those mods in one esp. Absolutely brilliant. Endorsement when timer is up.

Late edit: Endorsed.

Edited by IAreBob, 26 January 2012 - 03:27 am.

Rudyard

Rudyard

M*A*S*H 4077

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,770 posts
This needs to be recreated for Skyrim! QUICK :D we need to sort out the mess SkyEdit made.
Pretty please :D

Jeoshua

Jeoshua

Troubleshooter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,896 posts
I use this every day, and tell people about it frequently. It's really a great tool for this game which only allows a certain amount of plugins before it goes absolutely mental.

IPB skins by Skinbox
Page loaded in: 0.887 seconds