Importing .nif to Blender

ArtifexUmbraruM

I'm sure that I'm doing a big fat stupid mistake, but I just don't get how to import .nif-files to blender. I'm using version 2.49b and I have already installed the NifSkope, but I don't get it working. Would be very nice if anyone would please help me or post a link to a good tutorial. If there is already a thread on this topic I didn't find it while looking for it all over the forum. Maybe I'm only too dumb to see some obvious things.

thanks for reading!

Edited by ArtifexUmbraruM

• 4 months later...

Hey, sorry for bumping this old thread.

I'm having an annoying problem with the .exe file that's supposed to install the scripts. I double click it, then it tells me to install Blender. I do it, then try the .exe again. It tells me to install blender AGAIN. This never stops.

I also tried the .zip version, but could not get anywhere with that.

Yes... You have to follow LHammonds instructions, every word, when you haven't done this before. I've installed it 3 times an I still read it, but I failed 4-5 times without it. We Luvz LHammonds blender download! Plus it's a package so a tested set for this game. Blender at Nexus by LHammonds

That worked perfectly. Thanks!

Originally I was using sourceforge's instructions. I guess they were wrong.

I wish *I'd* known about this...I did the install cycle thing like five times myself. I finally had to install the old version and a specific version of the converter....urgh. I agree...it's a total headache. ^.^;;

It may be a headache but at least it is possible with the right software and know-how. You can't mod every game to the extent that we can these and even fewer have the support of people such as the NifTools team that create the plugins that work with "proprietary" formats such as NIF. Without them, everyone would be stuck making just plugins and texture replacers.