importing a kf

Nadimos

Hi, for this thread refer to the bottom of the second page, please.

We are trying to get a pose working. Thanks!

Hi, i am doing abit of animation right now, and i want to load some .kf files into blender.

To be more precise, i have the blender ready skeleton from fallout 3 nexus opened

and ready to go and now i would like to apply the .kf , only importing does not really seem to work here.

How to apply the .kf?

On tescs wiki there is an article saying, that you have merge the .kf into a .nif, connecting all the bones, but it seems like an awfully long and complicated way of doing it. :pinch:

You dont have to go through all that for a simple .kf, right?

There gotta be a smarter way!

Edited by Nadimos

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi!

Yeah, I havent really gotten into the animation stuff very deep but simply importing one is quick and simple!

U want to import skeleton.nif with nifscripts and have import animation selected.

And then there is a place for keyframe file, u have to click on the button with 3 dots and browse for it.

Then when u hit ok it imports with the animation.

If u want to import more animations u can delete the skeleton and reimport, or import the animation from another blend file.

I think the article you read is just from when an earlier version of nifscripts didnt have this functionality.

Aye, thanks, got it! Had to move my windows. This is indeed a very nice feature, would it work.

The mesh looks like it has gone through a beaming accident. Very wild. No idea what went wrong.

PS: I tried this with the blender ready to animate fallout3 skeleton.nif from fallout 3 nexus, that already got a body, bones and everything setup. Still have to learn how to do that from scratch.

Edited by Nadimos

The best tut in my opinion is coronerra's Adult Animation Tutorial For Noobs

And as soon you run into problems you might check out my article Avoiding_Blender_animation_pitfalls

The problem you describe could be that mesh and skeleton dont fit together (different bones)

Thanks, yes it was not an original mesh, but a ressource from fallout 3 nexus (type 3 body ready for blender to be animated) and i made it into a .nif, then imported a .kf from new vegas together with it. It could be there is indeed a minor diffrence between the two. Although that would be news to me. Must be it guess? No biggie tho.

What is the 'biggie', is i actually just stepped into the animation pitfall.

The character is half underground and rotated by 90 degrees. It shows fine in blender. How do i fix it? What values to change?

Edit: I see it now.

Thanks guys for the tutorial.

And sorry for the delay.

Edited by Nadimos

I did adjust the height and the body to 90 degress as it was to low and 90 degrees of , exactly as it is described in the animation fixer tutorial, but now i do go into game and the pos shows exactly like in blender - 90 degrees of to the right and not forward. How come? Although the height def. seemed to be off and is showing better now, but i still have to determine exactly as a collision mesh seems in the way, if it matters at all? Edited by Nadimos

You made a .nif and imported a .kf together with it? That sounds wrong.

In Oblivion (and Fallout should be the same) you keep (body) mesh, skeleton, and .kf all seperate, and only for importing/exporting and modifying the .kf , you import the skeleton together with the .kf.

I think, before clarifying this issue it is unnecessary to discuss you open points.

Eh? No, im doing it exactly as in the tutorial on fallout 3 nexus, .kf and .nif are seperate. I have the a few more poses mod lying before me and figured it out how object poses work on my own, just the rotation and height are of each time. And now i just learned, that i cannot do anything in blender about the bug, but it has to be changed in nifskope. Im gonna make last try now and then im off to bed.

Nothing changed. I did go into the nif and adjusted all the settings for the 90 degree fix like described in the wiki and it still wont work properly.

Dont think i have the head for it anymore right now.

Gonna try tomorrow.

Edited by Nadimos

..... I did go into the nif and adjusted all the settings for the 90 degree fix like described in the wiki and it still wont work properly.

Again: you don't go into "the nif". If you do the bug fix as described, you go into a .kf (your animation file, which is seperate of any nif, seleton or body mesh).

Please, if you do want any help here, you need to be more precise in what you did.

EDIT: And I don't know which tut on Fallout you use, and I not gonna search for it.

The best tut in my opinion is coronerra's Adult Animation Tutorial For Noobs

And as soon you run into problems you might check out my article Avoiding_Blender_animation_pitfalls

The problem you describe could be that mesh and skeleton dont fit together (different bones)

Hi!

Thanks a lot fore for these links and your pitfall tutorial!

Im agona be able to work on my project much smoother with this help.

Good luck to u also Nadimos!