The Akaviri Presence

Adipose

Personally, I'd like to see a greatly expanded Akaviri presence in the next iteration of ES. I really like various aspects of Medieval Japanese culture and would have a lot of fun exploring an open world game based on mythical Medieval Japan...replete with culturally correct creatures, etc.

Many thanks for the links. Something to do after I've completed the main quest(s)...or for starting a new game. I wish Hearthfire had included at least one large Medieval Japanese estate. The Nord style just doesn't feel right when coupled with the Akaviri/Japanese presence. AND, since Skyrim is Nord territory it's not really accurate to have a bunch of Akaviri tearing up the countryside. What'll probably happen is that, after leveling to some extremely high point, I'll leave my Lakeview estate in charge of my retainers and head off to see what's over the horizon...so to speak. By that time I could probably take off on my own, even at Legendary, though I'll quite likely enter into an Akaviri/Japanese faze and run about recruiting a small band of four or five suitable followers. Then we'll likely go questing in "furrin" parts.

• 2 weeks later...

I've got Nakahara downloaded but not installed at the moment. It's a really nice mod, but I find it a tad small for my beginning play style...I'm totally into beaucoup followers. I'm giving serious thought to using Nakahara for post main quest/max level play when I'm all but unbeatable and want a small group of followers just for the company. I've always liked the idea of a small band of Ronin roaming about the countryside, dealing damage to deserving dastards.