Generate Oblivion Reloaded shader INI from patterns

TesaPlus

Hello, Oblivion Reloaded allows for some shaders (Bloom, Coloring, Water) to have individual settings for interior cells based on the cell name.

It would be very convenient if the INI files would allow for patterns (wildcards to begin with), for example:

[*sewer*]

>>some dark setup<<

would yield in >>some dark setup<< for every cell with a "sewer" in its name.

Until (if ever) this happens, I have a workaround at my hands. My question is, if you guys think it is worthwhile to try and turn my hack into something usable by the community. If so, do you have suggestions for features? (There will be no GUI ;-). )

Here is how it works (leaving out the details). Let's take the Bloom shader as an example.

** A Tes4Edit script writes every cell name in use to a file.

** A file called Bloom.patterns.INI holds the patterns like in the "sewer* example.

** A Perl script reads in the existing Bloom.INI (containing "exact matches", if you like), as well the as the Bloom.patterns.INI, and matches the patterns against the cell names. It writes out a Bloom.INI usable by OR.

The Perl script could be published 'compiled', as an EXE -- no need to install Perl.

Future plans: Regular expressions (extended syntax e.g. multiline, with comments), such that one pattern could match sewers, dungeons, tombs, ... you name it.

So what do you think?

Edited by TesaPlus

Not only for interior. Also for exterior. You can change the water for example for the IC waterfront (exterior).

Oh, the boss is looking my way :-). Thanks for the correction. Any plans to introduce such a feature into OR? Say, for version 3.14?