Custom Scope Textures - issues

AdotLOM

Hello. I just yesterday downloaded a new scope replacer pack for FNV, but then realized that the mod didn't support my game (because I only have Honest Hearts), so I decided to just take the content from the mod and replace the vanilla scope textures with them. Now, these scopes do the modern FPS thing which is to provide a view of the scope, and maintain peripheral vision. I tried using the mod 'OONV', but it doesn't work for custom weapons. here's the kind of thing that I wanted to appear in game;

<snip> link removed.

Here's what I actually get;

http://s14.postimg.org/qdy5xbou9/rubbishbb.png

See those black bars around the side?

Now, I know that there's a fix for this issue, and people have solved it before. But the only solution that I managed to find was going into fallout.ini and typing 'fScopeScissorAmount=0', which didn't work for me.

Anyone got any ideas? p.s. I don't mind about the ring of opacity around the perimeter of the scope.

can you provide a name or link to which mod you downloaded as well as your load order / modlist?

usually piecemealing a mod is not recommend unless you are a modder yourself. It sounds like your did something more then just apply a texture to a weapon, generally that problem can occur do to missing mesh or resources that it can't find ergo the black and opaque borders.